Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2010 JK
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of KO2s but I am torn on which size to pick - 315's or 35's.
The 35 inch tire is E rated and is stiffer, but is also about 2/3 of an inch taller unmounted. The price difference is very small, so that is not a deciding factor for me. The Jeep is a 2 door Sahara, so it doesn't weigh too much, but it will be getting a steel front bumper and tire carrier as well as a few other things that add weight. For anyone that has had KO2s in either side - what would you pick?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2017 JKU Sport
106 Posts
I haven't run that exact size, but I've run KO2s for years and the C rated ride much better on my Jeep. In my opinion, the E rated are too stiff for lighter vehicles. I ran E rated on my crew cab, diesel Super Duty and they rode great.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I would avoid the E rated tires...They will ride rough...too stiff. Especially on a 2 door.

·
Super Moderator
15,857 Posts
The 315/70R17 C rated KO2 is the proper choice for a Jeep.

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
I'm not trying to derail your plans, but have you considered the Kenda Klever R/T KR601 in the 35x10.50R17 size? They are ~34" actual and a D rated tire. The Pizza cutter size is not for everyone, but it fits nicely and is a decent tire with good reviews thus far.

·
Registered
2010 JK
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not trying to derail your plans, but have you considered the Kenda Klever R/T KR601 in the 35x10.50R17 size? They are ~34" actual and a D rated tire. The Pizza cutter size is not for everyone, but it fits nicely and is a decent tire with good reviews thus far.
I haven't been able to find anywhere in my province that sells them in that size.

·
Super Moderator
15,857 Posts
I haven't been able to find anywhere in my province that sells them in that size.
That Kenda is getting good reviews, but I don't see where Kenda is selling their automotive tires in Canada at this point. I can find their ATV and bicycle tires, but not automotive.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,443 Posts
Walmart

·
Registered
2010 JK
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They're not listed on Walmart Canada's website, and if I were to get them from the American site, the duties and shipping would make them more expensive than the KO2s.
Thank you for the suggestion, though!

·
Registered
2010 JK
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Walmart (or most other American companies in Canada) does not carry exactly the same stock. Canada's product safety ratings and other such nonsense are not quite the same as the US
Is that why I can't get LingLong Capricorn 4x4 HPs?

·
Registered
2010 JK
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is the universe looking out for your saftey... :LOL:
Guess I'll stick with the MotoMaster Total Terrains...
The finest tire from Canadian Mafk's store brand.

·
Registered
665 Posts
C or D rated tire...definitely not E. Jeeps do not have enough weight to get an E rated to bulge/deflect enough offroad/air down.

Sidewall strength difference (resistance to gashes) between D and E is negligible within same brand...diff brands is another story.

The other minor diff in the 315 is that it is a hair wider.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just put 315s KO2s load range c on my '17 last week. They ride a lot better than my Ridge Grapplers I took off. I am really impressed with the KO2 and how smooth it is now.

·
Super Moderator
15,857 Posts
I just put 315s KO2s load range c on my '17 last week. They ride a lot better than my Ridge Grapplers I took off. I am really impressed with the KO2 and how smooth it is now.
Only a few things feel better than brand new tires.... 😁

Reactions: Hdhoo73
1 - 17 of 17 Posts