Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone out there was thinking bfg k02 34x10.5 and opted out for the 35" version?

I've heard the 34" is pretty lean on the 34", just wondering if the same is true for the 35s.

My GC lift" stock Rubio wheels is starting to look bad and add much as I want to justify the mtt-ks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just curious if anyone out there was thinking bfg k02 34x10.5 and opted out for the 35" version? I've heard the 34" is pretty lean on the 34", just wondering if the same is true for the 35s. My GC lift with stock Rubio wheels is starting to look bad and as much as I want to justify the MTR-K (B.C. Canada wheeling lots of sharp shale rock) I feel like on road manners may sugar

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just curious if anyone out there was thinking bfg k02 34x10.5 and opted out for the 35" version? I've heard the 34" is pretty lean on the 34", just wondering if the same is true for the 35s. My GC lift" stock Rubio wheels is starting to look bad and as much as I want to justify the mtrks I think they might be over kill on a daily driver?

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
Do I have to respond three times or just once works?

If you know you are going to be wheeling in sharp rocks, I'd recommend you go with a proper MT instead if a large AT tire.

I've wheeled on my General Grabber MTs over some pretty gnarly sharp rocks along The Racetrack area in Death Valley without incident; I found Tahoes, Yukons and pickups on the side of the road with flat ATs along the way.

I've also wheeled east of Vancouver a few times, around the Harrison Lake area, and my recollection is that yes, there's quite a bit of sharp stuff there.

Of course the drawback of MTs is heavier weight, greater noise and a stiffer ride.

If you decide to venture off-road on ATs, I'd make sure the spare tire and jack are in perfect working order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was thinking about the 34s but they weren't available when I purchased tires, so I went with the 35x12.5R17. Couldn't be happier. They do measure around 34.5 mounted on the jeep.

ForumRunner_20160204_123534.jpg

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
I went with the 35x12.5x17 with Fuel Trophy wheels, they are an awesome tire, quite on the highway, but aired down, very capable on the trail. I am very happy with mine.:iamhappy:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
that is one bad thing about not being able to edit your posts. I see what was going on he typed something than thought of something else he wanted to say. It happens to me a lot :).

I would say with a Game Changer lift you will be much happier with 35's. I love the road manners of the k02 34's but if had to do it over again would go 35's on the K02's here is what a rk 2.5' looks like with 34's vs 35's

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I thought I was editing but it was actually just reposting. The iPhone app kind of sucks...

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
It's a good tire. I have a set on my superduty, just drove from Fort Worth to California towing 7000lbs, no problems at all. I'd buy another set.

·
Registered
299 Posts
that is one bad thing about not being able to edit your posts. I see what was going on he typed something than thought of something else he wanted to say. It happens to me a lot :).

I would say with a Game Changer lift you will be much happier with 35's. I love the road manners of the k02 34's but if had to do it over again would go 35's on the K02's here is what a rk 2.5' looks like with 34's vs 35's

Which ones are the 34s?

Do you guys think since the 34s run so small they would be decent with 3.21s?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aldo90731
I thought I read somewhere that the 35" ko2 are 10 ply and load range D? Would this mean gay the sidewall is more similar to the MT equivalent?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Putting mine on as soon as i get my lift on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts