Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pull the trigger on buying a lift, wheels and tires.

Of course my mind is clouded by all the opinions I get. Here is my thinking so far. I have a 2010 JKU Sahara.

I am going with the AEV 3.5" lift, AEV Pintler Black wheels and KO2 tires. Some people have told me they are crap but so many others love them. My gut just says go with the KO2.

If I go with 35x12.5R17 the load rating is E, and 315/70R17 the load rating is C. My friend says to go with load rating C so you can deflate them more for off road traction.

Here is my struggle. The C rating is only 45 PSI max and I'm assuming that it means softer side walls and thus potentially more roll in corners on the highway. Where as the E rating is 65 PSI max and will handle cornering better.

This JKU is not a DD, but a combination vacation run-around vehicle, RV toad, 75% overlander and 25% rock crawler.

Thoughts on which tire I should go with?

Thanks

Tom

·
Super Moderator
23,231 Posts
hopefully you will not have them pumped up to 45 or 65psi. Those are maximum psi for maximum weights ie when on a loaded 1 ton truck. You will most like be running around with them at 28-32psi. Some like the C rated for a slightly smoother ride others like the E rated for a tougher sidewall off road. A C rated tire will really be ideal for a jeep.

·
Registered
371 Posts
When I got my 315 70 17 KO2,s and new wheels the dealer suggested C rated and that is what I wanted. I don’t worry much about the sidewalls because I don’t do rocks. I had C’s on my YJ for twenty years.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a c rated ko2. It does have squishier ride but it is something you will appreciate in a jeep. I have no problems DDing it, and have spent quite a but offroad. My local ORV, Iron Range, is a known tire slasher and it just did fine.

I also have an e-rated ko2, 33s on my other truck and it is definitely stiffer and you can feel the joint on the pavement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I run KO2’s load range E, and I really like them. I bought them because I was getting some damage from sharp rocks and these tires are tough. The ride smoothness doesn’t bother me, I think they ride fine.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
KO2s all have 3-ply sidewalls regardless of load rating.

What you want is the lightest tire weight you can possibly buy. That's going to really help with performance, safety, and fuel efficiency.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts