Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rotopax has the best customer service! A while back I had an issue with a couple of their mounts not fitting my 2 gallon packs. Well, that was operator error and I felt pretty foolish. Because they felt I had been inconvenienced, they sent me two 1 gallon packs, a universal mount and a couple of hold downs for free. Nobody sends free stuff so it was like Xmas one day when I got a strange package on my porch.
A week or so ago I got fed up with the ridiculous twist and push Eco spouts mandated by the nanny Government. They break, don't push in, leak etc. I needed to vent so I sent an email damning the spouts but praising the cans. The spouts are made by Scepter and are not a RP produced item. I wasn't expecting anything so imagine my surprise when they sent me 7 self venting spouts that work great. Nothing to do but pour gas now.
They're a pricey product for sure but I can't recommend them enough. If there are any RP folks here, you've got a lifelong customer.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
For others with Rotopax containers...you can just buy replacement spouts for the water containers, which do not have the stupid CARB sealing mechanism.

I have spilled more gas using those stupid CARB spouts then I did in the previous 20 years...one of the worst ideas ever.

·
Registered
943 Posts
For others with Rotopax containers...you can just buy replacement spouts for the water containers, which do not have the stupid CARB sealing mechanism. I have spilled more gas using those stupid CARB spouts then I did in the previous 20 years...one of the worst ideas ever.
I'm in need of one of those CARB spouts too for my fuel can rotopax since mine broke trying not to spill fuel everywhere

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in need of one of those CARB spouts too for my fuel can rotopax since mine broke trying not to spill fuel everywhere
Go to their website and order the yellow spouts for the water cans. They fit perfectly and are about $8 if I recall correctly. I used mine recently and the gas just poured right out like it should.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yeah, I saw that too, but hey, I live in California. The state frowns on anything that isn't CARB approved. I was only too happy to get them for that price.

I've had to have stuff shipped to Florida and then back here in order to get it.

·
Commercial Member
7,880 Posts
For others with Rotopax containers...you can just buy replacement spouts for the water containers, which do not have the stupid CARB sealing mechanism.

I have spilled more gas using those stupid CARB spouts then I did in the previous 20 years...one of the worst ideas ever.
So true! Those new spouts are terrible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts