Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have the LoD mid-width bumper, or any LoD front bumper for that matter, is the LoD badge removable? I'm a big fan of the bumper, but I don't care for the rolling advertisement. Is it riveted on? Screwed on?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
For those of you who have the LoD mid-width bumper, or any LoD front bumper for that matter, is the LoD badge removable? I'm a big fan of the bumper, but I don't care for the rolling advertisement. Is it riveted on? Screwed on?

Thanks in advance.
Riveted

·
Registered
346 Posts
I drilled out the two rivets and the logos came right off. Went to Ace and filled the two rivet holes with two small stainless steel screws. Looks cleaner IMHO. I never notice the screws. I'm a big fan of LOD bumpers.

As a side note, standard bed liner spray almost perfectly matches the LOD powder coat, so I used it on these screws, D-rings, and a small scratch I put in the bumper.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yep, riveted on the mid width signature series, too. Wouldnt be hard to drill out the rivets but then youd be left with the holes. Its never bothered me enough to mess with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Mine didn't have one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, everyone. What a great resource.

I drilled out the two rivets and the logos came right off. Went to Ace and filled the two rivet holes with two small stainless steel screws. Looks cleaner IMHO. I never notice the screws. I'm a big fan of LOD bumpers.

As a side note, standard bed liner spray almost perfectly matches the LOD powder coat, so I used it on these screws, D-rings, and a small scratch I put in the bumper.

This is exactly what I had in mind once I take delivery. Glad to know someone else had success with it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I believe that LOD will ship without the logo upon request. If you have not taken delivery, I would call Chris at LOD and ask if there is still time to not install it. Worth a try.

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you get the Armorlite it wont' have the logo on it. Just FYI.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Remove them or have them shipped without the badge otherwise you will get corrosion. Mine were ever so slightly scratched under the badges on both front and rear brand new (drilled them out, used a qtip to coat bare metal on from and black rtv on rear holes). I like the idea of putting screws in there on the next visit to the hardware store. I'd recommend getting grade 8 hardware so when they arrive you have it ready to go

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you get the Armorlite it wont' have the logo on it. Just FYI.
mine did come with the tag riveted on
you would have thought that they knew it was a lost cause seeing as I also requested that they drill and tap mounts for a front plate
damn nice bumper tho
little heads up if you also order the skid you will need 6 3/8"x16 x1" button head bolts and 2 matching nuts to mount it as LOD doesn't supply them

·
Registered
108 Posts
Very interested in the LoD bumpers. Does anyone know if you order the rear bumper without lights if it still has the holes for them. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts