Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 2000 TJ around two years ago. I haven't done much in the way of mods except for a few interior upgrades and throwing 31's on her.
Recently I got into a wreck in which the other party was at fault, and I finally have enough time to work (I'm in high school). With the stipend of money from the wreck, along with what I've been earning from waiting tables, I'm finally going to get to build my jeep.

All the parts are in which includes: a new hood, grille, fenders, 6" rock crawler fender flares, a 3.25" Rough Country lift along with a steering stabilizer, 16" XD's on which i got 285/75r16 BFG A/T's mounted, a new rear taillight panel, LED taillights, new front and rear bumpers (Barricade), a tire carrier (Barricade), and I will be painting it.

There will be other mods as I get more money, but for now I have enough to work on. I'll be posting updates as we work on it!

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Very nice. I look forward to watching this go down.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I removed the front bumper in anticipation of the new one. I will be removing the rear and (hopefully) putting on the new bumpers tomorrow. The lift kit will (again, hopefully) be put on this weekend.

I also cut my fenders and plastidipped them because I'm anxious to get started lol

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New bumper went on yesterday. Had to drill out a couple of the holes, and the brackets were a little bent. Other than that, fairly easy to do - even alone. Since my brother and I both have Friday off, the lift is going on!

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been awhile since I've updated. Since my last post we've put on: 3.25" RC lift with a dual steering stabilizer, 1.5" wheel spacers front and back, 285/75/16 BFG A/T's, barricade classic bumper with tire rack, and I replaced my fuse with an ANL.

My only issue in all of this was the brackets on the bumpers being bent, and Rough Country not putting a bracket for one of the front sway bars which we had to fabricate.

Prepare for a flood of pictures.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That lift looks really nice. I'm getting ready to do a teraflex 3" lift with long arms instead of short arms. I'm probably going to mount it up on 33s not sure what size tire I want to run yet. Yours looks really nice though.

Also, I'm really terrible at determining how big tires are by using the three number code, so how big are your 285/75r16 BFG A/T's? Thanks. They look like 33s or 35s.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
I posted earlier about what work we've done so far, and here are the images.. Also, after finishing reading Herodotus, I've decided to make the theme of my Jeep "Molon Labe".
The rig is looking good! Between the lift and the bumpers it has a completely different feel from when you brought it home. Let me know if there are any other parts you need from us and I'll get you a great deal!

-Ryan

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That lift looks really nice. I'm getting ready to do a teraflex 3" lift with long arms instead of short arms. I'm probably going to mount it up on 33s not sure what size tire I want to run yet. Yours looks really nice though. Also, I'm really terrible at determining how big tires are by using the three number code, so how big are your 285/75r16 BFG A/T's? Thanks. They look like 33s or 35s.
I appreciate man! You should definitely post pictures of yours when you're done. They're 33's, I'm not ready to drop a D44 or anything in it yet lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The rig is looking good! Between the lift and the bumpers it has a completely different feel from when you brought it home. Let me know if there are any other parts you need from us and I'll get you a great deal! -Ryan
Thank you! I've really noticed how much more aggressive it looks, even the safari rack no longer looks docile.

The next big purchase I make will most likely be hid projectors, but when I get a winch I'll definitely be browsing on XT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts