Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Hey Laggy, just checking to see your box progress.

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
All done function-wise. Just have to finish the wood, cover some parts, and I need handles. Functionally it's done. 2 posts above shows a pic then the link. Thanks for checking in!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
hey laggy did you try to find any install videos for the crusader rear bumper? I can find a few for the shield tire carrier but can't find any for the bumper. I was just wanting to watch it before hand so I can see exactly what's gotta go on. and if I have any problems I can refer to the video

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
hey laggy did you try to find any install videos for the crusader rear bumper? I can find a few for the shield tire carrier but can't find any for the bumper. I was just wanting to watch it before hand so I can see exactly what's gotta go on. and if I have any problems I can refer to the video
I don't. It's VERY easy. Possible one of the easiest things I've ever installed. I'll make something up that shows the mounting points.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I don't. It's VERY easy. Possible one of the easiest things I've ever installed. I'll make something up that shows the mounting points.
really? awesome bud thanks, I haven't read the instructions yet. ordering it all Saturday when Tom gets back from vacation

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
what kind of grease did you use for your bearings and all that? we have shell gadus premium multipurpose extreme pressure grease we use on the machines think that is alright to use in the bearings an all?

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
what kind of grease did you use for your bearings and all that? we have shell gadus premium multipurpose extreme pressure grease we use on the machines think that is alright to use in the bearings an all?
I used Lucas Red and Tacky #2. As long as it's a Lithium EP or Moly EP (Extreme Pressure) you're good.

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
alright cool I'll borrow a can from work to use! as soon as they answer the dang phone lol
Red and Tacky #2 is my standby. I use it for chassis greasing, as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
thanks for the video laggy, I have plenty of time to research stuff as jcr is 25-30 business days out on build time for my bumper and tire carrier.... guess they're really backed up

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
also laggy did you order LEDs for your rear crusader bumper? I want to order some but don't know which ones to order. I think the 2x2 row will work but I'm not sure

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
also laggy did you order LEDs for your rear crusader bumper? I want to order some but don't know which ones to order. I think the 2x2 row will work but I'm not sure
No, not in particular. But I have ProComp S4 2x2's that I test fit, they fit fine. Although I'd go with diffuse or flood pattern for rear in case anyone was behind me and needed it for helpful trail lighting. 4 Wheel Parts has them for $119 right now. Lifetime warranty and excellent relay and wiring loom. All you need is a switch. You will need to extend the wiring depending on where you run them, but that's with any brand.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lighting-Lighting-Accessories/S4-2X2-SQUARE-5W-LED-PAIR-SPOT-PATTERN.aspx?t_c=14&t_s=448&t_pt=4242&t_pn=EXP76405P

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
No, not in particular. But I have ProComp S4 2x2's that I test fit, they fit fine. Although I'd go with diffuse or flood pattern for rear in case anyone was behind me and needed it for helpful trail lighting. 4 Wheel Parts has them for $119 right now. Lifetime warranty and excellent relay and wiring loom. All you need is a switch. You will need to extend the wiring depending on where you run them, but that's with any brand. http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lighting-Lighting-Accessories/S4-2X2-SQUARE-5W-LED-PAIR-SPOT-PATTERN.aspx?t_c=14&t_s=448&t_pt=4242&t_pn=EXP76405P
I have some 7.5" flood pattern ones back here now hooked on a switch, so all I would need it to order them. wired ran already hooked up to a male and female on the end by the led so I can hook them easier an replace

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Got Magnaflow midpipe/cat combo. Rugged Ridge ceramic coated headerswere delivered, as well. Banks cat back is already on. Got everything apart and old headers off. They are strange creatures indeed. A custom job most likely. I'm gonna clean gasket surface, throttle body & intake manifold. I have zero idea how i'm gonna get a torque wrench in to do the 24-26ft-lbs required of each bolt.....Pics to follow

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Finished cleaning exterior of intake. Gunk degreaser and a brush. Still didn't get all of it. A glass bead job or whatever would be nice. Throttle body cleaned. Both gasket mating surfaces cleaned. That took 3 hours....

Can't find which side of Fel-Pro gasket is which side...

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Found it, straight from Fel-Pro

Jesse
February 10, 2015 at 10:29 pm
I am installing a intake/exhaust manifold gasket on a 98 jeep 4.0 Fel-Pro # MS 94790. There is no clear marking on the gasket for engine or manifold side. Also is it ok to use hi-temp copper spray gasket sealer to hold this gasket in place? thank you
Reply ↓

Fel-Pro Blog Team
February 11, 2015 at 6:05 pm
Hi Jesse,
Thanks for your post!
The MS 94790 is a fiber faced gasket on both sides, it make no difference which side goes to the head or manifold, just line up all the ports. Fel-Pro does not recommend the usage of sealer on this gasket, if you need to hold the gasket in place us a little high tack adhesive on the head side of the gaskets only at the bolt holes.
More information on hw to tell if a gasket needs to be installed a certain way can be found in this blog: http://www.felpro-only.com/side/[/u...l]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJpuvIMv0ik

21 - 40 of 165 Posts