Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Because of new pinion length, i opted for a front Adams driveshaft. I'm just constantly impressed with their knowledge, speed and the fact that half the time, you're talking to Mr. Adams himself. It was $280, but i have my D30 driveshaft which is on CL for $100 + the Rubicon shaft that came with front axle on CL for $100. Do the math. Hustlin.

I put Yukon 1310 pinions on both axles. U-joint straps. As of this post, front ds is not in, probably until i get to my 500 mile mark and open the diff for cleaning/inspection.

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
As of this post, i've collected way too much stuff to plumb the lockers and do electrical. I got the proper connectors to make a clean install. I finally decided to make a move on a Blue Sea fuse panel. This will be a fused 70 amp (rated to 100) DC sub panel that will hopefully free up the nest of my battery. Pretty much, the only thing directly hooked to battery will be my amplifier power and winch. My journeys took me to ACE Hardware, O'Reilly, a hydraulic hose store, Fry's electronics and online at Amazon, EBay, Mouser Electronics and Cycle Terminal. I will list all parts and attempt to do a very rough write-up.

One thing i wanted to pay attention to is the fact that i've accidentally hit my compressor and light switch while driving. I have a reasonable fear of locking one or both axle while flying down the highway. As part of this install, i have a kill switch with a safety cover that will interrupt the locker pump switches. I might make it interrupt the relays themselves. I read that a guy put under his hood. That seems horribly inconvenient though.

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
So Photobucket screwed me. They want everyone to upgrade and pay in order to host pics.

Their site sucks anyway.

161 - 165 of 165 Posts