Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this will be slow coming. As I research, research, research what I want to do to me Jeep. It will be a DD when I am home for 2 weeks at a time. It will also be a fun, trail/mud toy. Not a lot of rock crawling. Any way. I picked her up on Tuesday. First thing I did was get the fenders back to black from the faded grey. I didn't get pics of the before and after. Yesterday I did the gutter guard grill mod, plasti dipped the front emblem, and stuffed the speaker enclosures with Poly Fil. I will attach a few pictures.

Before Gutter Guard
[URL="[/URL]

8 ft sheet of the gutter guard.

[URL="[/URL]

Zip ties, and the zip tie fasteners

Measure 3 times, Cut once :happyyes:

[URL="[/URL]

Pre Zip tie make up. Used about 6 coats of black cheapo spray paint on each side for full coverage. I was going to use plasti dip, but didn't want to risk little nicks while installing
[URL="[/URL]

All tied down, before install
[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went ahead a plast dipped the emblem while I had the grill off.

Before
[URL="[/URL]

During
[URL="[/URL]

Grill installed with gutter guard mod and plasti dipped front emblem
[URL="http:/[/URL]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poly filling the sub and sound bar enclosures. I really could never hear the sound bar speakers before I did this. Now, unless it's just all in my head, I can hear them and the bass is more clean and responsive. I will be doing the tweeter mod as soon as my capacitors arrive. As you can tell, I have been doing a lot of scouring, and reading this first week as a Jeep owner. I am loving every minute of it.

Hollow sub enclosure
[URL="[/URL]

$5.88 pillow full of Poly Fil
[URL="[/URL]

Stuffed Enclosure
[URL="[/URL]

Empty pillow after the sub and sound bar stuffing. Didn't get any good pics of the sound bar. But did the exact same thing. Having fun doing the little things while making my mind up for the big mods.:iamhappy:

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man I am just not sure. I have been looking at pictures and can't make up my mind. Do you have a picture of yours?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
For me, there was just too much orange.. blacking it out made it look much more agressive IMHO.
I also lost the JEEP altogether.. Everyone knows what it is..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't take credit for this at all. While reading Argents build thread, I saw this garage door opener mod. It took a little longer than it should, mainly because I taught my self how to solder while doing this. Anyway, I took apart my garage door opener. Took the momentary switch from RadioShack, and stuck it to the solder points behind the board and pressed the button to make sure I had the right spot before I started to solder. Cut a 1/2" hole in my upper A pillar cover, soldered all in place, and BAM! Supper stoked about this one. My wife even liked it lol. Lift wont be far down the road. Probably when I get home from Alaska the end of this month. Not 100% yet, but close on deciding which lift to run. Anyway, here are a few pics, and a video.

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dont mind the dirty windshield, I drove through a bug storm on the way to pick up a factory hitch for $25 about 25 miles from my house

[URL="[/URL]

Not sure if the video will work or not, may have to click the picture and go to my photobucket account.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I am like a kid at Christmas waiting to get home. I work in Alaska for 2 weeks at a time. I was bored yesterday up here, so I bit the bullet and ordered the 2.5" rough country series 2 lift with shocks, sway bar disconnects, wheel spacers, daystar dash panel, and 2 10uf 100v capacitors for the tweeter mod. Got an email this morning saying it all as shipped. Now I have to wait til I get home next Friday to see my boxes waiting for me to install! While I'm home, I will also spray the interior silver trim Crush orange to match the exterior! I am excited!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies. I have been searching and reading about lifts for a while and finally decided on one knowing that I will go wheeling occasionally, but for the most part it will tow my boat most of the year either fishing or duck hunting. I think it will be right for the setup/driving that I will be doing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My lift has been sitting in my garage for 3 months. Finally got the time to install it and put my 35s on. Also installed the 13" stubby antenna, 6000k 35w HID headlights, 6000K led fogs. The lift is the 2.5" RC suspension lift, with RC wheel spacers. I am waiting on the dual stabilizer kit to arrive. Here are some pics. I am very happy with it. Now time to get it off the pavement.[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks rubi. I am stoked. No projectors bofa. Same way I have run hids in my last 3 vehicles with no issues. No lights flashing back at me, or police pulling me over. I am sure some will flame me, but to each his own.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts