Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to be living on a house boat on lake Powel for a week in early September. Anyone with knowledge about the Escalante, Glen Canyon areas for good places to spend a few days wheeling? I am thinking so far to run the Smokey Mountain Rd but do not know about much else. That country has got to have some great trails.....

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I spent three nights at lone rock this summer. Had a blast running all over the place. They have a bunch of OHV trails and no one was on them, had free roam of the place. I had my bubba rope and made good use of it. Quite a few stuck rentals.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm afraid ^^^ is correct,,,,,went there and stayed a week on house boat.....Outstanding time on the water...Always wanted to have a do over.

Lucky dawg:)

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lake Powell is the bomb! You may not want to leave that house boat! Find a nice cove, and it'll be like having an entire lake to yourself. Here are some places to think about.

Off-road | Lake Powell Page

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en&gl=us&oe=UTF8&msa=0&ie=UTF8&mid=ztZLmSQGBFng.kEbyCAvV9JCA
I spent some time there once before working at the power plant near Page. Drove a pickup around Escalante on a few days we had off the project. Been wanting to go back for some time now and my wife looked at pictures and it was a no brainer. We will be camping for three days and will be on the boat for five. I really thank you fellas for your feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts