Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I just purchased a new LR5 a few weeks ago. I really like it, smaller than the Yukon we had previously, but a better driver overall. I've done a little lurking around some LR forums and FB pages. It seems a little like the LR people have a "jeepidus" complex, telling everyone why their LR is better. Anyway, it still seems like apples to oranges to me, and I don't see the jeepers dogging LR's, maybe I missed it, just an observation. Carry on

·
Super Moderator
12,691 Posts
"jeepidus"????

I'd run across the same thing riding Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Some snowflake on an import motorcycle would want to tell me how much better his motorcycle was than my H-D.
I'd just shine him on.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: maxtor and pc1p

·
Registered
23,965 Posts
What I'd do?

This happens with any brand of anything. People will always talk crap.

My D2 needs some love right now, but my DRZ is gonna get it first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good to here you like the LR5. I had an LR3 (replaced with JKU) and still have an LR4. I really like both models and must admit that the LR5 departure from the boxy body style (and goofball marketing) has me a bit put off on it but sometimes things grow on me after a while. Regarding the LR<>Jeep talk, it really is apples to oranges if talking LR3/4/5 versus the Wrangler... maybe D1/D2 versus Wrangler makes more sense but arguments always look the same no matter whatever vs. Disco... Disco folks talk up capability and interior and everyone else points out the Disco's well earned rep for reliability issues.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I don't hate the owners, I hate the trucks... Mostly because I have to work on them and don't get to drive them. The air suspension makes lifting/jacking the vehicle difficult, everything is a pain to do, and everything is expensive. We had one in for brakes. The rotors were $120 a piece, pads were $100. That's our cost... Price list was nuts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
"jeepidus"????

I'd run across the same thing riding Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Some snowflake on an import motorcycle would want to tell me how much better his motorcycle was than my H-D.
I'd just shine him on.
lol, seen that happen before, but let's not forget the Harley snowflakes who do the same damn thing. :mooning:

This isn't really an issue of one vehicle being better than another, it's an issue of some people being assholes who can't see past their own perspective.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I decided about 4 years ago that i needed a 97' defender. I saved for 2 years, watching the selling prices go from mid 30's to 70's over those couple of years. don't know why the whole U.S. decided that they wanted them too, lol
Once i realized that i was going to spend that kind of money on a 20 year old vehicle, and british at that (i also own a 65 mg midget), thats when i knew that the jeep was the way to go. I have always loved the flat paneled look of the land rovers, thats what drew me to the 4 door wrangler, those flat doors are my favorite feature.

·
Formerly Tombstone17
1,640 Posts
British= three years and they leak, That's from working on them for years, whether it's MG,Healys, LR's, or even Tumps. here they all seem to leak, oil, air water....exterior, interior where ever....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts