Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Bump, I'm wondering this too....anyone?

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I wonder if you'll drop 2 pounds more if you cut the ends off...

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up buying a Rock Hard full width aluminum front bumper. There was no info available for the Lange bumper.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I ended up buying a Rock Hard full width aluminum front bumper. There was no info available for the Lange bumper.
Thanks' that's the one I want...but the price! Guess I'll save my pennies, wait patiently! :bop:

·
Registered
40 Posts
27 Special. 239 on sale. I ordered one.
It does not include winch mount plate which are sold out but I called they will be making more. Doe snot include D ring mounts either.

I said F it and pulled the trigger. I'll post pics and review once I install.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just joined the forum to participate in this discussion, as I also got one of the bumpers when it was on deep discount. Currently I have the original bumper off, and am about to put the Lange 27 on. I did not get their shackle mount kit, but I do have something coming from Quadratec shortly (I hope) that I can mount, or perhaps weld (!! I am very much an amateur weldor) to the frame.

I did notice that the original bumper is held on by eight bolts, and the Lange by only four, but I guess that is ok, since the shackle mounts will be held on by something additional?

·
Registered
453 Posts
27 Special. 239 on sale. I ordered one.
It does not include winch mount plate which are sold out but I called they will be making more. Doe snot include D ring mounts either.

I said F it and pulled the trigger. I'll post pics and review once I install.
Let us know if the hood ornament is included once it arrives.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Reactions: Thibault

·
Registered
40 Posts
So far so good. I like. A LOT. I like the way it lines up with the fenders. The angle of the front face is slick as well. I don't like the madmax style hard edged bumpers out there and that's why I chose the 27. Oh and the fact that it only weighs 27 pounds. I like that the gloss black matches the wheels. The bull bar is cool too.

Install notes. Ream out the holes on the frame mounts. It will help. The bull bar bolts need to be shorten before mounting. Since I don't have the winch yet I notched the plastic top piece so it would fit. Need to cover up the vac pump.
Yes, 2 bolts per side.

All in all for 233 bucks I am happy.

20171205_111706_resized.jpg

20171205_111716_resized.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got mine on as well, but without the plastic top piece. Other than looking a bit "empty" is this a problem? The comment was made that the vacuum pump needs to be covered.

I really don't want to pull it off and put it back again ... it is a bit of a bother ...

The good news is my wife gave the bumper "four thumbs up" which is a big deal, since she is not really all that enthused about the Jeep. I think it looks good with the Quadratec lights. They are connected to the factory wiring for the fog lights, which is nice because I don't have to put a new switch in the cabin, and fog lights are pretty well worthless here in New Mexico.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got mine on as well, but without the plastic top piece. Other than looking a bit "empty" is this a problem? The comment was made that the vacuum pump needs to be covered.

I really don't want to pull it off and put it back again ... it is a bit of a bother ...

The good news is my wife gave the bumper "four thumbs up" which is a big deal, since she is not really all that enthused about the Jeep. I think it looks good with the Quadratec lights. They are connected to the factory wiring for the fog lights, which is nice because I don't have to put a new switch in the cabin, and fog lights are pretty well worthless here in New Mexico.
I dont think the exposed pump is an issue. Just ugly and thats why I covered mine. You probably dont have to completely remove the bumper to get it in. Just make a small notch in the plastic.

I would put the factory lights back in the bumper just to fill the holes.

I would also drill a small hole in the bull bar and run the harness through it instead of just leaving them hanging like that.

Post some night pics of the lights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont think the exposed pump is an issue. Just ugly and thats why I covered mine. You probably dont have to completely remove the bumper to get it in. Just make a small notch in the plastic.

I would put the factory lights back in the bumper just to fill the holes.

I would also drill a small hole in the bull bar and run the harness through it instead of just leaving them hanging like that.

Post some night pics of the lights.
Good catch! I tried to zip tie the wires to the bull bar, but the ones I grabbed were not long enough. I also thought of putting back in the original fog lights, but then I thought it would be fun to 3d print some eyeballs or something ... just need to get set up for ABS printing.

You can see from the pictures attached that the lights are crazy bright. The first picture is the new lights plus the headlights, the second photo is just the headlights, which are Quadratec brand LEDs. One minor issue is that the fog lights won't come on if you have the high beams on, but I think that is not worth worrying about.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good catch! I tried to zip tie the wires to the bull bar, but the ones I grabbed were not long enough. I also thought of putting back in the original fog lights, but then I thought it would be fun to 3d print some eyeballs or something ... just need to get set up for ABS printing.

You can see from the pictures attached that the lights are crazy bright. The first picture is the new lights plus the headlights, the second photo is just the headlights, which are Quadratec brand LEDs. One minor issue is that the fog lights won't come on if you have the high beams on, but I think that is not worth worrying about.
Dude. 3d print some missiles for the holes . It will look like a 007 James Bond jeep.
So the Q lights are the 10 degree or 30?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dude. 3d print some missiles for the holes . It will look like a 007 James Bond jeep.
So the Q lights are the 10 degree or 30?
Missiles! I like it. The lights are the 30 degree floods, I figured that would be more useful in picking out the trail.

BTW, I got my first in town Jeep wave today, the Lange bumper definitely marks it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts