Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,811 Posts
The 2-door models are not the small vehicle that the Wranglers have been known to be over the years. The 2-door JL is nearly exactly the same length as the 4-door Cherokee (XJ). Probably because the font and rear bumpers stick out more than on the XJ...
It’s also because the spare tire counts in the length measurement

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
103,209 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
Nice looking Ride!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was running the wheels and tires (275/65/20) from my previous Ram 1500 on my JL Sport and I did not experience any rubbing after I removed the bumper filler sections that also covered the rear of the fog lights. The adapters I was using were 1.25" ones. The tires were pretty close to being slicks, but since they were the LT tires, even with no tread, there was a lot of rubber left. I ran over a bolt and ended up with a 1/2" diameter hole in one of the tires, so I pulled them all off and went back to stock.

This was just for street use and around town. If there was a chance that I was going off-road or if I was taking a trip of any distance, I would swap back to the factory wheels and tires.
I thought of running similar size as you in the same scenario. Now I know they'll fit.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts