Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! New member here. Just picked up a 2007 unlimited Sahara this weekend. It currently has 255/70R18 with stock wheels. Rookie question but what are the largest tires I can run on those rims without a lift? I want an all-terrain more aggressive tire. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
15,146 Posts
Hey guys! New member here. Just picked up a 2007 unlimited Sahara this weekend. It currently has 255/70R18 with stock wheels. Rookie question but what are the largest tires I can run on those rims without a lift? I want an all-terrain more aggressive tire. Any suggestions? Thanks!
The 18's are a little tricky. You can certainly run the 275/65-18 and it would be plug and play. I personally would try to stretch it to the 275/70-18's. Those are about 1/2" taller than the 285/70-17's that usually say are the max size.

The 275/70-18's are about 1" taller than the 275/65-18's and I would call them a 33.5. For me, I would probably want a leveling kit and you might need to trim your air dam a little. I would also add a set of 1.25" wheel spacers. That would bring the tires out to the edge of the fenders and give you a slightly taller and more aggressive look. These are not big radical changes, just minor "adjustments". But the overall effect is significant.

Also, check out the Falken AT3W available in both sizes. It's a great tire and usually a good price.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts