Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the threads for the largest allowable tires with a stock 2-door JK (Sport), but none really go into what I can get away with using 1", 1.5", or 2" wheel spacers.

Charles.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
As big as you want! (technically) Spacers (too much spacing) and too much offset can cause unnecessary stress on your ball joints and axles. I am not a fan of spacers and more a believer of just getting offset. But if your're trying to be a baller on a budget, spacers work fine. 33s will rub when flexing. So many variables here.

Daily Driver?
Wheel Size?
Looks or performance?

This This will answer all your questions...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same model and installed 1.5" spacers. Picked up 315/70R17 duratracs about a month ago and haven't had any real issues. Had to trim the air dam a bit but other than that no noticeable rubbing that I could tell. Only went off road once before I picked up rubi take offs (shocks and springs) but those gave me almost 2" for a little extra clearance. Didn't really get a chance to flex it much yet though.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I have the same model and installed 1.5" spacers. Picked up 315/70R17 duratracs about a month ago and haven't had any real issues. Had to trim the air dam a bit but other than that no noticeable rubbing that I could tell. Only went off road once before I picked up rubi take offs (shocks and springs) but those gave me almost 2" for a little extra clearance. Didn't really get a chance to flex it much yet though.
rip that damn dam off lol

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I'm running 35's w/1.5" spacers. No lift. About a year now and not one issue. When these tires wear out I'll put on 37's. I don't think it's a big deal.
well ya the fenders are chopped! My next project after tires....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts