Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, so this weekend I had a chance to get out of town and get away from that four letter word we call "work". On a whim, I decided to head out to Las Vegas and when I did I came across an outfit called Las Vegas Rock Crawlers. It's a pretty neat set up for the die hard jeep fans. They will meet you on the Las Vegas Hotel Strip, and you have a couple of trail choice options, one is "easy" which I think takes you by some air force base which has a bunch of hills and mild trails, but I am sure fun for the rookie.
For the "experienced" they have a trail called the "Logandale" which is kind of neat. It has nice dry rocks kind of like the Rubicon and plenty of sunshine and some sand. Definitely fun from my standpoint and probably to anyone who has some experience-
What's cooler is your choice of rigs, the package includes vehicle rental, a light lunch, a trail guide, and gas. All you have to do is bring sunglasses, enthusiasm, and a valid driver's license.
Of the rigs you can rent, they have three TJ's all lifted a minimum of 4 inches with 5" tires and all with a front locker. (The rears are apparently disabled because of the excessive wear and tear from other newbies or tourists who drive with them on all the time.), there's an LJ to rent with 37" and a 4:1 transfer case, and a four door JK Rubicon. The LJ and JK are considered "upgrades" but they are all fun to drive.
For those thinking about Las Vegas and don't want to get stuck gambling all day, check it out! I had a blast all the way.
For those thinking about doing some mods and seeing how you like it, or even buying and building out a Jeep, this is a good way to test drive your enthusiasm before you commit to that expense. The tour is a shade pricey, but when you figure the cost of the vehicle maintenance/upkeep, insurance, overhead, taxes, and whatever is left as profit, the tour isn't all that bad. I attached some pics to this post- enjoy.

Check em out-
Jeep Tours

P.S. I have no financial interest in this company, I was a "real" tourist on this adventure-:)

Enjoy!
skjeeper

Attachments

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hmmm...wonder if you can take your own jeep? I am heading to Vegas the last weekend of September and would love to go for a trail run while out there.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Pics from the tour

Hey all, so the PDF format isn't really good for this, so here's the pics themselves, enjoy!

-skjeeper

P.S. By the way, in my original post, I meant to say 35" tires, not 5" tires, I am sure you all knew that, but had to make that correction.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hmmm...wonder if you can take your own jeep? I am heading to Vegas the last weekend of September and would love to go for a trail run while out there.
I am sure you can, you would probably have to contact them for a quote on a guide and no vehicle rental. I have no idea what that is.....
Likewise, I would not recommend trying that trail on your own for the first time. It would not be fun to get stuck out there or have mechanical issues all alone.

Hope that helps!
skjeeper

·
Registered
201 Posts
Looked on the site but no prices?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I am sure you can, you would probably have to contact them for a quote on a guide and no vehicle rental. I have no idea what that is.....
Likewise, I would not recommend trying that trail on your own for the first time. It would not be fun to get stuck out there or have mechanical issues all alone.

Hope that helps!
skjeeper
I never jeep alone - just not safe to do so. If I decide to drive down to Vegas instead of flying then I will reach out to some Vegas locals and see if they have anything planned. If not - may talk to these guys and yes.....I would much prefer to drive my own jeep because I know exactly how it is going to handle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts