Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have narrowed down my bumper decisions to the following, still cant decide, please comment if you have heard anything about them or which one you like. THANKS!!

FRONT:
1. Warn Stubby Rock Krawler
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire
2. Smittybilt Stinger

3.Bulldog Stubby
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive tire
4. Metal Cloak 1
Technology Auto part Electronic device Magenta Automotive window part
5. Metal Cloak 2
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the Metalcloaks. You can build them up to exactly how you want them.:thumb:
yah im looking at them the most right now, the price really adds up though. I was told there might be some deal this weekend too so im waiting :popcorn:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The front was a huge Pain in the A$$. But the back bumper was easy. I took a 4"x4"x.250 wall tubing and a plasma cutter. Was fun for a few. lol
haha yah i bet, i really just want some simple bumpers. I love the lock of the stubby ones and for the back im not getting a tire carrier right now so just the bumper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
haha yah i bet, i really just want some simple bumpers. I love the lock of the stubby ones and for the back im not getting a tire carrier right now so just the bumper.
I seen a guy on Ebay that makes some pretty sweet bumpers. I think he will even fab stuff up for you. It is all custom fab stuff. But it is simple and looks good!

·
Registered
37 Posts
My vote is for the MetalCloak. I have had them on my previous TJ and JK Jeeps; since the TJ has now hanged ownership the new owner just purchased different end caps to better suit his needs for more fender protection vs the short cap I had installed.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
#'s 1, 3, or (kinda) 4 get my vote. I wouldn't even consider anything made in China like the one made by Smittybilt.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My vote goes for #1. Three weeks ago, I was stationary at a four way stop in my JK with a standard Warn Rockcrawler front bumper. Lady (inebriated, I soon found) on my right doesn't wait her turn at the stop. She immediately and directly follows the car in front of her making the correct left turn. I am still stationary. The drunk lady applies too much left steering wheel and crashes her Civic's left front headlight directly into the left front of my Warn front bumper at an estimated 8 - 10 mph. I am still stationary. So she wobbles off onto the shoulder on her right, ahead of her. I U-turn and drive back to where she's stopped. I go up to her window to see if she's OK and if we can exchange information. As I approach her car, I see the headlight is broken out, and the bumper is pushed in about 6" or so. Her airbag didn't activate. She rolls down her window, I ask, "Are you OK?" She starts to slur a response, then floors it and takes off. I have a few seconds to try to decide if I should follow, or what, too startled to think about license number. I look at my bumper, and no damage, except some scuff marks on the powder coat and scuff through to the metal in one small little area. Can't see it from 3 feet away. I call it good, figuring she has a boyfriend or husband or insurance company she'll have to deal with. Short to the point, Warn bumper completely did its job in this instance, I recommend it.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
IMHO bumpers are not really a functional piece for a jeep and cost $$$. Just pull off the milk jugs and add a winch. If you want it to look cooler just angle cut the ends. my favorite production bumper is the poison spyder.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I think HIGH ROCK is a well made bumper.Plate looks o.k. on a angle.With or without chrome bar for lights. :dance:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I think you could do better than the Warn stubby. I like Smittybilt because it's beefy, it's got the D-ring mounts built in, it still has room to mount lights, and I like the stinger. I also like the Bulldog stubby, but I wish the stinger was taller. The Metal Cloaks are cool looking but they don't seem very stout.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
i like 1 or 3. probably 3 a little more. the metal cloaks look like the same one to me with stuff bolted on in different places.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
why the hell would you put the d-ring mounts on the bottom of the bumper (metal cloak). If my thinking is correct that would put a hell of a lot more stress on the bumper. Stupid idea in my opinion. I owned the smitty stinger. Good bumper, very solid. It's not legal in PA so i ditched it. You probably have to run a raised winch plate for the stinger like i did if you get a winch.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Just my 2¢ but I like smittybuilt. I have their src series (I know different model) and it has yet to let me down. I have used the D ring mounts to be towed home after I lost my radiator in a less than savory area of town. Pulled by a crew cab Chevy 1500 with me doing all the braking for us both. I hear people talk poorly of them but mine has been great. That being said I didn't realize they were Chinese built when I bought it and would much prefer to buy American and keep the jobs here. Just my 2¢

1 - 20 of 42 Posts