Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a new jeep and the dealer said today that it is the last day to order a 2014 edition, assuming the options I want aren't something they have. Is this just a tactic to get me to buy something today or real?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I heard May 14 but either way you are cutting it close. If I wasn't still looking for work I'd join you. Don't miss out if you want a JK Rubicon. You can probably order a 2015 in a month but you'll miss out on some prime summer time jeep driving.

NC

·
Registered
163 Posts
The dealer is correct. Its not a tactic. Special models cut-off date was 4/23, all others are today. I decided to wait till June when the 2015's come out. Only a few weeks away anyways...

·
Registered
143 Posts
any info on the 2015 yet?[/QUOte
There will be a price increase of course, and if you get premium sound the subwoofer is going to be located in the floor behind the backseat. Also, the front speaker location is different on the premium package. Oh, and there are some new colors.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Im still waiting for an official press release to give me a better understanding what will be in the 2015. Hopefully the waiting since January was worth it. If its true about the Hemi being added... Oh boy that would be great, if not oh well. :(

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Im still waiting for an official press release to give me a better understanding what will be in the 2015. Hopefully the waiting since January was worth it. If its true about the Hemi being added... Oh boy that would be great, if not oh well. :(
No hemi, no diesel.... A new sound system and a few new colors is all that is known so far. If something really big was happening, we'd have some good hints by now....

All will be revealed when the 2015 order banks open in less than four weeks!

EDIT: Jeez.... Just like Arturo22 said.....

Note to self: read the whole thread before posting, dumby!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Less than 4 weeks!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I bought my JKUR last May with it being pretty much exactly what I wanted. There is still enough dealer inventory for them to to a dealer search and locate what you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you think they will keep the Rubi X as a permanent fixture or will it be treated as a "special edition"? I think it was a smashing success and a good revenue generator.

I went to order a Rubi X today and they told me I had until 5pm to place the order otherwise I'm SOL. He said that was special editions only and that they can continue ordering the regular 2014s but that makes no sense with 2015 order banks opening in less than a month.

At this point I'm holding out for 2015 and keeping my fingers crossed for the Rubi X returning (and keeping my toes crossed for red leather as an option).

And word on them bringing the larger Uconnect screen from the Grand Cherokee?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Welcome to toe forums

I was at the jeep dealership, they told me that tomorrow tomorrow is the last day to order, so i wouldnt risk it, I was able to order mine today

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Do you think they will keep the Rubi X as a permanent fixture or will it be treated as a "special edition"? I think it was a smashing success and a good revenue generator.

I went to order a Rubi X today and they told me I had until 5pm to place the order otherwise I'm SOL. He said that was special editions only and that they can continue ordering the regular 2014s but that makes no sense with 2015 order banks opening in less than a month.

At this point I'm holding out for 2015 and keeping my fingers crossed for the Rubi X returning (and keeping my toes crossed for red leather as an option).

And word on them bringing the larger Uconnect screen from the Grand Cherokee?
Rubicon X will return, and red leather will be an option again, albeit a very LIMITED option.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rubicon X will return, and red leather will be an option again, albeit a very LIMITED option.
StarBrite can you elaborate on "very limited option" i.e. Limited as in only for a limited time or limited as in only on certain colors or something like that? I'm on go waiting for a 2dr anvil rubicon x with red interior. Thanks for any info! Oh and if it's a limited time type of thing, any idea if that will be early or late my? 👍

1 - 16 of 16 Posts