Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, our last Jeep was built by AMC - we just picked up this nice CPO 2017 JKU and have a couple of random questions:

1. The vehicle came with a full 7 year/100K mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, and a 5 year free scheduled maintenance at any dealer - are we supposed to get some kind of paperwork, or card, or something or will it somehow show up when we take the vehicle in for service?

2. If we ever have to replace the windshield with the new one come with the cute Jeep silhouette in the lower right corner, and the silhouette of the grille at the top center?

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,492 Posts
So, our last Jeep was built by AMC - we just picked up this nice CPO 2017 JKU and have a couple of random questions:

1. The vehicle came with a full 7 year/100K mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, and a 5 year free scheduled maintenance at any dealer - are we supposed to get some kind of paperwork, or card, or something or will it somehow show up when we take the vehicle in for service?

2. If we ever have to replace the windshield with the new one come with the cute Jeep silhouette in the lower right corner, and the silhouette of the grille at the top center?
2017's only have a 12/ month 12,000 mile bumper-to-bumper, 3 year/36k mile basic warranty, and 5 year/60k mile powertrain warranty. Whatever they promised you is some type of aftermarket warranty, or is only offered by that dealer. The dealer better have already given you information on how to access the warranty. :blackeye Hope you really got what they say you got.

OEM front glass, for a very premium price, will come with the Jeep grill and climbing Jeep. Most buy aftermarket glass and pay $10.00 for the stickers and put them on the window glass themselves.

·
Registered
150 Posts
What RhinoSport said about the warranty! I would definitely get documentation in hand. If it turns out to be some kind of extended factory warranty there will be a $100 deductible after the base warranty expires.

As far as the premium on OEM glass, we pay about $100 more for OEM. If glass is covered under your insurance policy your insurance will not complain about OEM replacement.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since the Jeep was sold as a "Certified Pre-Owned" it was eligible for the Mopar Maximum Care Protection Package, which basically covers everything except: maintenance services, catalytic converter and particulate filter, glass, plastic lenses, and light bulbs, body and paint items, and wear items. The coverage is for 7 years or 100K miles, with $0 deductible (!), and is a Mopar product so any dealer should honor it. The maintenance package is called the Mopar Triple Value Package and covers LOF, $1000 trip interruption protection, and road hazard tire and wheel protection - for 5 years, and $0 deductible! Again, it's a Mopar package so any dealer should cover it.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
As one who had the extended 5 year warranty on my 2015 Sahara and the lifetime max care on my 2017 Chief, you should receive documentation from the dealer verifying the coverage. In my case I did not purchase either Mopar package from my selling dealer and got my documentation via email.

There are a lot of aftermarket windshields out there. I had to replace the windshield in my Sahara along with body work on the windshield after hitting a buzzard. Since the Jeep was only 11 months old, my insurance company replaced the windshield with the Mopar one (along with the body work for a total of $1100 but with a $300 deductible in my policy).

I did get a refund of the unused period of warranty when I traded the Sahara in on the Chief. About a year later a piece of debris thrown up by a truck on the interstate required the replacement of another windshield. Since it was only the windshield and a local service quoted me a little over $200 for an aftermarket glass (it saved me about $100) I went with that and gave up my little Jeep in the corner and Jeep grille over the rear view mirror.

Reactions: Alan_Hepburn

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Congratulations on a CPO warranty with that much depth.

My 2014 only came with 7 year, 100,000 mile power train warranty. I was given the CPO inspection report that the dealership completed/their service manager signed and the online registration information that I needed to enter at the time the rest of the purchase documents were provided. Believe had 30 days to register after purchase, but this was back in 2015.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
There is an area on the Jeep site where you put your VIN into the system and it shows any service contracts. But you should have gotten some kind of paperwork.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts