Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Looking to see if anyone has a link to each state's requirements as to the number of mirrors required? I'm in KY and I was curious. My mirrors are mounted on my doors, so when the doors are off, I have no side view mirrors. I do have a rearview, is that enough?

·
Registered
391 Posts
In NY you have to have a rearview and a driverside mirror. You can pick up a mirror that mounts to your door hinge cheap.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I don't want to unless I have to. I searched online and can't find anything about the laws in Kentucky.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Kentucky
Added: 5-9-09 Kentucky Revised Statutes
Title XVI: Chapter 189 Traffic Regulations - Vehicle Equipment and Storage
189.130 Mirrors.
(1) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, every motor vehicle shall be equipped with the following mirrors so located and adjusted as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway to the rear of the vehicle: (a) One (1) mounted on the left side of the vehicle; AND (b) one (1) mirror mounted either inside the vehicle approximately in the center or on the right side of the vehicle.
(2) No person shall, by himself or through his agent or servant, operate a motor vehicle upon the highways without the equipment required in subsection (1). Each day of operation without the equipment shall constitute a separate offense.
(3) No personal shall sell, barter, or otherwise dispose of any motor vehicle described in subsection (1) unless it is equipped with a mirror as provided in that subsection.
(4) A motorcycle shall be required only to have the mirror identified in paragraph (a) of subsection (1) of this section.
Effective: 12 July 2006
History: Amended 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 173, sec. 9, effective 12 July 2006. - Recodified 1942 Ky. Acts ch. 208, sec. 1, effective 1 October 1942, from Ky. Stat. secs. 2739g-69a, 2739i-1 to 2739i-3.
Penalties 189.990 and 9

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kentucky
Added: 5-9-09 Kentucky Revised Statutes
Title XVI: Chapter 189 Traffic Regulations - Vehicle Equipment and Storage
189.130 Mirrors.
(1) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, every motor vehicle shall be equipped with the following mirrors so located and adjusted as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway to the rear of the vehicle: (a) One (1) mounted on the left side of the vehicle; AND (b) one (1) mirror mounted either inside the vehicle approximately in the center or on the right side of the vehicle.
(2) No person shall, by himself or through his agent or servant, operate a motor vehicle upon the highways without the equipment required in subsection (1). Each day of operation without the equipment shall constitute a separate offense.
(3) No personal shall sell, barter, or otherwise dispose of any motor vehicle described in subsection (1) unless it is equipped with a mirror as provided in that subsection.
(4) A motorcycle shall be required only to have the mirror identified in paragraph (a) of subsection (1) of this section.
Effective: 12 July 2006
History: Amended 2006 Ky. Acts ch. 173, sec. 9, effective 12 July 2006. - Recodified 1942 Ky. Acts ch. 208, sec. 1, effective 1 October 1942, from Ky. Stat. secs. 2739g-69a, 2739i-1 to 2739i-3.
Penalties 189.990 and 9
So basically, I have to have a side view mirror, and a rearview mirror... Thank you for the info. I appreciate it.. Now, I gotta have a chat with my deputy friends, and see how likely it is that I'll get pulled over for not having the proper mirror set up.. I really don't feel like messing with the mirrors.. Seems pointless to me.. Hell, i rarely use the sideview mirrors anyways.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
If it doesn't say an "original equipment" mirror that means you can get one of those little 3M round mirrors for blind spots and put it somewhere where you can see it. Legally you have a side mirror... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts