Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yall

My wife and I are looking at spending a couple days in LBL on our way to the ozarks the end of this month. I was wondering what kind of shape the 100,200,300 class trails are in? Not really looking to go wheel in Turkey Bay, more interested in getting out to see some historical sites. Will be running a JKUR at stock height, probably on winterforce UVs but I might bring the MT/Rs along to swap on. Towing a small, high clearance over land trailer. I had family over on Center Ridge and it's probably been 15 years since I was in the area and over 20 since I was off the pavement in LBL.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sitting in the wall tent. Nippy 42F and rain outside, forecasted 1-2" tonight. Balmy 90F inside the teNT by the stove. Going exploring tomorrow. Should be interesting with snow tires on rain soaked gumbo clay...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife and I had a great time. First night we got 2" of rain. We were concerned about trails being impassible but everything turned out okay. We did use the lockers frequently though it was in an effort to limit trail damage versus using wheel spin to get through. Cleared a couple fresh dead falls. Saw a lot of neat historical sites. Very secluded, didn't see another group the whole time.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Glad you came to our little piece of heaven. Hope you had a good time, come back and give me a shout, maybe we can get to gather and do some wheeling. There is more than gov. land around here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Turkey bay trip Land between the lakes KY

We went two weekends ago. I tried to video it all but wound up with missing sections. A Sat and Sunday both half days. The video is set at 4x speed. Wife wouldn't allow some trails to be taken but we took mostly the easy stuff. Not on video is going down a red(difficult or washed out) hill to the lake then no way to return other than an angled blue(narrow) trail back up. Other jeeps had tops off, we kept it up with the ac on so came out with a scratch in the right rear tinted plastic window on the soft top.
https://youtu.be/aVL27ZWaf3U

1 - 6 of 6 Posts