Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... Let me try and explain this.

I am replacing my front CA/Tb bolts with the synergy kit.
Front track bar bolts are replaced and still loose.
Driver lower control arm bolts replaced but still loose.
Now.... I went to loosen the passer lower control arm and it was sorta bound up.
Removing the bolt the axle sprung forward about 1/8

I am still running stock uppers. Recently I adjusted my lowers for a better pinion angle with my Adams DS.
I tried to set both to the same length or maybe a turn more on the passenger side (crown in road)

The question- it seems like the axle was bound up and when removing that control arm wanted to go to that new location. Should I adjust that arm to match that hole or bring it back in.

I should be saying "rotate" but you know what I mean :D

Thanks

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
If its just an 1/8 of an inch or less I would just bolt it back up and go on about my rat killing. Anything more then that I would think about adjusting the axle to have them all line up to keep from wearing the bushings out. With stock uppers I dont see how you could adjust it and have the axle the way you want it with all the holes lining up perfect.

Thats what I would do at least.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WatchThis! said:
If its just an 1/8 of an inch or less I would just bolt it back up and go on about my rat killing. Anything more then that I would think about adjusting the axle to have them all line up to keep from wearing the bushings out. With stock uppers I dont see how you could adjust it and have the axle the way you want it with all the holes lining up perfect.

Thats what I would do at least.
You mean go with what it's at now ?
The bushings on that arm seemed bound the way I had it.

I'm still getting 3-4" up on the pinion. Going to go with it and see what happens.

I have uppers coming anyways.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Jeep frames aren't perfect so maybe the brackets on one side were off a frogs hair when they were welded on to the frame or axle.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SilverSport said:
Jeep frames aren't perfect so maybe the brackets on one side were off a frogs hair when they were welded on to the frame or axle.
Did here that :thumb:

Done for tonight anyways.

Hey ..... how come whenever you want to tackle a pretty simple 1 hr job. Only a few tools. No problamo turns into -

4 hours later. Every tool in the garage scattered all over the driveway, shoulders blown out..,,, Jesus rofl

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm sure this is normal. The DS is closer to the driver side, so the weight of the Jeep pushing on the axle has less effect without the LCA. Isn't the passenger side also a bit heavier?

DB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts