Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lead on a Craig's list ad for a TJ soft top + hardware. Have been wanting one to replace my hard top in the non-winter months for ease of letting the top down(and less weight in general). And since this is a full hard top>soft top conversion, I need the hardware and this is a pretty good price. Post says only real problem is a tear in the rear window. I figured I could easily fix/replace the windows. though I'm wondering the price for new windows?
Only other problem is that it's 2 hours away from me. I'd be willing to make the trip, however I need to know I can disassemble the top and put it in the back of my parents grand cherokee I'll be borrowing. And I also need to know what tools I'll need to do this.

·
Registered
351 Posts
You could probably make it fit as long as you fold the back seat down.
Idk if you can buy a single window, I've only ever seen kits with all 3. But you should look on CL for windows too. My entire Jeep has been built off CL, for the most part. It never hurts to look

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you do get it try to find out what top it is and print off the instruction sheet with pics of the hardware. I recently found the too good to be true new sunrider top on cl for 200 bucks. It was 3 hours away. Well needless to say I didn't have the instructions an it looked complete. Well guess not. However the top and the rest were new. 400 more dollars later I have a slightly used sunrider with all the hardware. So I'm in 600 for 2 almost new tops. I would say go for it. P.S. the tops with all the hardware will fit in the back of your tj. Just don't bring 3 buddies.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i went up to take a look at the soft top today, and decided i wanted it so he started pulling it off his Wrangler. As he was in the middle of pulling the hardware off, he said "alright, all done". Then i asked him about the door surrounds. Turns out he didn't think they were part of the hardware kit, and didn't want to sell them because he thinks he needs them for his mesh bikini top. After some hassle and loading the top in, out, then back into my jeep, we agreed on the price of $90 for the soft top + all the hardware minus the door surrounds. Was a big disappointment since he said he was selling all the hardware with the top, and even asked him before i went up if he was selling the plastic door surrounds. Guess you can't win them all. Will be looking for bargain door surrounds on Ebay for the next few days. Still got a good deal on a soft top + most of the hardware in good shape.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Look in the sale section on here. I think it was last week someone posted they were selling perfect door surrounds. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts