Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sigh....I ordered a two door Sport in January...still waiting and my dealership is leaving me in the dark. I live in Ontario, Canada, just a stones throw away from the Ohio plant.
Some folks I know that just ordered a Rubicon this week have been quoted a lead time of 5 to 6 months.

I hope I got my order in before the chip shortage really took hold.
Have you checked status? go here https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep...ssion_id=181ef29e-b779-4884-901f-bd11ce92c71b and fill out the form and hit the chat button, They are very helpful and will tell you where your vehicle is currently at.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a 4xe Rubicon on 2021-Apr-24. Got my VIN within the week. Chatted with FCA and the answer was "... showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process soon. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. Build time for specially ordered vehicles takes approximately 7-9 weeks"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Latest update from FCA: "your order is in transit to your dealer! We have an ETA window of 05/13/2021 - 05/27/2021"

We'll see how long the dealer takes to process it after it arrives. From OH to TX, looks like the order process with FCA is running about 1 month +/- 2 weeks. 😱

·
Registered
461 Posts
I ordered mine on March 17th, was delivered to the dealer on April 9th (23 days), I took delivery on April 16th. I also live 2 hours South of the Jeep plant in Toledo.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon
105 Posts
Ours is built and on the train. Three weeks exactly from order to shipping for a 2 door Rubicon with a manual trans. Probably 2-3 more weeks to actually get it to SW Colorado...

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts
Congrats on the new Jeeps folks. It sounds like they are not held up with the micro chip shortage.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon
105 Posts
Congrats on the new Jeeps folks. It sounds like they are not held up with the micro chip shortage.
Not held up but affected for sure. Had to accept the proximity key option and we were told you only get one key initially until supply is replenished. Not bad considering some brands have been hit much harder.

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts
Not held up but affected for sure. Had to accept the proximity key option and we were told you only get one key initially until supply is replenished. Not bad considering some brands have been hit much harder.
I have the proximity key on my 2020. I was not sure if I would like it or not and now I will not have a vehicle without a proximity key. You will love it.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon
105 Posts
I have the proximity key on my 2020. I was not sure if I would like it or not and now I will not have a vehicle without a proximity key. You will love it.
The car this Jeep replaces had a proximity key. I wouldn't have ordered it this time given the choice. Just not $645 worth of important to me.

·
Registered
461 Posts
My wife's 2015 Grand Cherokee has this option, so familiar with it and ordered it on my 2021 Wrangler... I like it also.. Plus that key fob is ginormous compared to others. I measured it and it's 3.0" L x 1.75" W x .750" T

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon
105 Posts
I would love just having a regular old fashioned key. I would prefer not going all the way back to one for the door and one for the ignition but a single key, no batteries, no huge fob, something I can get copies made of at the hardware store instead of spending hundreds of dollars on. Unfortunately "progress" dictates this is now way more complex and expensive than necessary for "convenience" sake. How ironic...

·
Registered
2021 JL Willys 2DR 6MT
4 Posts
Ours is built and on the train. Three weeks exactly from order to shipping for a 2 door Rubicon with a manual trans. Probably 2-3 more weeks to actually get it to SW Colorado...
That's fast. I ordered my Willy 2-door with 6 speed manual on 21 May and now entering build process. Hoping to take delivery mid-July if it follows same timeline as yours. I live in Northeast Florida and may get here quicker. Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
65 Posts
The car this Jeep replaces had a proximity key. I wouldn't have ordered it this time given the choice. Just not $645 worth of important to me.
We skipped it this time and now regret not coughing up the money. It’s a daily reminder not to cheap out. We stopped just one option short of perfection.

·
Super Moderator
12,176 Posts
We skipped it this time and now regret not coughing up the money. It’s a daily reminder not to cheap out. We stopped just one option short of perfection.
Indeed. It is one of those options that seems trivial, but annoys you to no end if you missed it inadvertently, or skipped it purposely.

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts
I have become a huge fan of the proximity key. Dual Tops as well.

61 - 80 of 127 Posts