Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. First post here.

Long time Jeep owner. Owned a 1993 Cherokee, and current owner of a 2004 Grand Cherokee that is going to get totaled as the result of a hit and run the other night :(

So I'm in the market for a replacement for my 04 (which was the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, and hit 200k miles a few days before it got hit) and I've always wanted a Wrangler, so pretty sure that will be my next new Jeep.

But after doing a search on Jeep's website, there isn't anything in inventory (even 200+ miles countrywide search) that matches what I want, so pretty sure I'm going to have to order one.

What's the lead time on a new Wrangler right now? Dealer told me about 8 weeks, but I saw some older threads where it looked like people were getting theirs in 5 weeks.

If anybody's interested, what I'm looking at ordering is:

2016 Wrangler Sport S (2-door)
Auto trans
Trac-lok LSD
Power Convenience Group
Connectivity Group
Premium Sunrider soft top
Side Airbags
Firecracker red

I originally wanted a Rubicon, but I don't really want that much monthly payment right now, so figured I'd get a Sport and can mod over time. I've read people saying get a Rubi for possible resale value down the road, but I've never resold or traded in my Jeeps. I drive them until they fall apart (or get hit and totaled, damnit).

I think the 2-door + airbags + firecracker red is why I'm not finding anything in inventory that matches.

Anyway, looking forward to being a Wrangler owner in the next few weeks, and thanks for any info on lead times!

·
Registered
155 Posts

Long time Jeep owner. Owned a 1993 Cherokee, and current owner of a 2004 Grand Cherokee that is going to get totaled as the result of a hit and run the other night :(

So I'm in the market for a replacement for my 04 (which was the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, and hit 200k miles a few days before it got hit) and I've always wanted a Wrangler, so pretty sure that will be my next new Jeep.

But after doing a search on Jeep's website, there isn't anything in inventory (even 200+ miles countrywide search) that matches what I want, so pretty sure I'm going to have to order one.

What's the lead time on a new Wrangler right now? Dealer told me about 8 weeks, but I saw some older threads where it looked like people were getting theirs in 5 weeks.

If anybody's interested, what I'm looking at ordering is:

2016 Wrangler Sport S (2-door)
Auto trans
Trac-lok LSD
Power Convenience Group
Connectivity Group
Premium Sunrider soft top
Side Airbags
Firecracker red

I originally wanted a Rubicon, but I don't really want that much monthly payment right now, so figured I'd get a Sport and can mod over time. I've read people saying get a Rubi for possible resale value down the road, but I've never resold or traded in my Jeeps. I drive them until they fall apart (or get hit and totaled, damnit).

I think the 2-door + airbags + firecracker red is why I'm not finding anything in inventory that matches.

Anyway, looking forward to being a Wrangler owner in the next few weeks, and thanks for any info on lead times!
Almost the same build I wanted. I had to order as well since the dealers in my area rarely order side airbags. Took about 5 weeks back in October. Just do it, you will be glad you did. Glad to see you are optioning 3.73, smart move. Might want to add in Max Tow or towing package (not sure which for 2 door) so you get better springs, but you can always get takeoff springs online pretty cheap too. Wish I had read the forum BEFORE I ordered, learned a lot that I wish I had known before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered 4 weeks ago today and it was built yesterday. I expect it to come in next week but I'm only about 2 hours from the factory so my travel time should be short.

I would recommend ordering so you get exactly what you want.

Tank, did you get the 3.73 or the 3.21?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Three weeks this time last year but that was unusually fast.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts

You don't list your location so it could certainly be longer than the 4-5 weeks you have been hearing.

The closer you live to Toledo the sooner you will get it.

6-8 weeks is the average time frame.

Took 9 weeks from order to delivery to get my Jeep to Southern California (delayed twice in shipping due to weather)

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
6 weeks give or take is the average. Get what You want.

Your build list looks good to me.

I'm on a different page now so I can't see it. I will say I LOVE Remote Start.
Never thought I'd even use it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Didn't know about the towing package having better springs, so will check that out.

I'm in Northern California (San Jose area), so yeah, pretty far from Toledo. If Jeep had a factory pick-up program, I might consider that and drive it back cross-country. But guess I'll just have to wait for delivery.

I'm supposed to find out in the next couple days if insurance is going to total my Grand. I'm almost positive they are, because the estimate was already over $8k and NADA book value on a 04 with 200k miles is only about 4 or 5k.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered mine this time last year and took just over 4 weeks. Delivery to South Florida.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts