Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i am going to swap out the leaf springs and shocks on both axles-starting with the front. The jeep has a 1 inch body lift, which is low enough that i am assuming the stock sized springs and shocks will fit, can anyone confirm?
Also, what spring kits/shocks do you recommend at good quality and reasonable price. thanks?

1994 4.0.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
body lift has nothing to do with springs and shock selection

·
Super Moderator
12,685 Posts
What matters is the size of the tires you plan on using.
If you're sure stock height springs will work for you, I suggest general Spring in Kansas City. I bought their heavy duty springs about 5 years ago because I added a hard top and winch. Their standard springs might ride a bit easier, but the heavy duty springs with mid grade NAPA shocks work for me.

My best advice is don't cheap out on springs.
I suggest not buying the cheapest nor the most expensive shocks. Shock absorbers are like tires, everyone seems to have a favorite. Do your research and read the reviews to determine which one will best for your type of use.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: DALES Super Store

·
Vendor
154 Posts
What matters is the size of the tires you plan on

My best advice is don't cheap out on springs.
I suggest not buying the cheapest nor the most expensive shocks. Shock absorbers are like tires, everyone seems to have a favorite. Do your research and read the reviews to determine which one will best for your type of use.

Good Luck, L.M.
I agree, there are many choices and often it's a matter of personal preference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts