Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
So I did my due diligence and searched the orums for an answer ahead of posting but it seemed that it was more about measuring for lifts as opposed to providing me what the height of our stock leaf springs are. Going into Quadratec, I see a 2.5" and 4" pack and I need to replace both the fronts. The both say stock but how can this be? I got a 94' Sahara and snapped a spring in the recent blizzard that hit us, now I need to replace both of them and was unable to find "stock wrangler leaf spring" when searching. Any help?

·
Super Moderator
12,714 Posts
General Spring in Kansas City. They have stock height springs for YJ. Both stock rate and heavy duty.
I bought a set of heavy duty springs for the front of my "87 and the front bumper came up 1 3/4". I have since replaced the rears with the HD springs.
Around $325.00 per pair, including shipping. Great service.
Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I havent heard of Kansas City but I have a local spring shop (Peter's Spring in Baltimore) that has what they say are the oem springs for around 150 a pair. Besides goin there, has anyone else used the Rubicon Express RE1425 - Rubicon Express 4" Standard Leaf Spring for 87-95 Jeep® Wrangler YJ - Quadratec (Rubicon Express 4")
or the Rubicon Express RE1430 - Rubicon Express 2.5" Standard Leaf Spring for 87-95 Jeep® Wrangler YJ - Quadratec (Rubicon Express 2.5") springs from Quadratec?

·
Registered
247 Posts
You're asking about stock springs but both the links you posted are for lift springs. For stock spring height, I think your best bet is general spring that luckymac posted or your local spring shop. You can also search for crown automotive for stock springs.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Yeah, I'd go with your local spring guy. They deal with stock height springs. The quadratec stuff is for lifts and is not where you want to go unless you do a full lift with the whole kit.
I stay away from crown when possible because the quality can be hit or miss. The stuff they source from India tends to be crap.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
That's a good deal on springs. I've found a seller of Mopar springs for almost $600 total, and I've also found Omix-ADA (like-OE replacement that's better than Crown) springs for $84 each plus shipping. The local shop is what I would go with. Look at their warranty. I know a few people with Wranglers and CJs that have a problem with their lift springs sagging, even after only a year or two. Even though these are stock height, they'll sag within two years if they're low quality. Think of how many miles/years your Mopar springs lasted, and you should aim to get at least half that with Peters Springs.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I bought Crown, and a year later they were as sagged as the 23 year old OEMs, Stay Away!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts