Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a question that I hope can be answered. I have a 99 Wrangler Sport that has developed what looks like a leak in the hard fuel line by the rear tire. It started a few days ago when I filled up and I could smell gas whenever I would drive somewhere. I figured I had filled it too far until yesterday when I got home from the gym and noticed it was dripping fuel. I got under there today and saw that the fuel line is indeed leaking. It doesn't look like it is a connector because the line has the usual road grime on it until the point where fuel is gathering on the line. Also I felt around and could feel a rough spot that could be rust on the top of the fuel line. I was wondering if there is a way to fix this or do I need to have a mechanic replace the entire line. I have never had a problem like this on any vehicle I've ever owned. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If it is truly a pinhole or rusted through line, you need to have that line replaced. I am assuming since you said by rear tire, it is the half that goes from frame to tank?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the line that goes from the fuel pump to the motor because it keeps leaking after the engine is shut off and there's still pressure in the line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts