Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I know there are already a lot of threads on the JK top leaking and this isn't about that. I did take my 2012 2dr sport in to repair a leak yesterday at a dealership i've been having a lot of trouble with. The guy who fixed it wasn't there when I picked up my jeep so they couldn't tell me what he did to fix it it seems that they put new weather stripping around the drivers side door...

Upon leaving the dealership I noticed that it sounded like wind was streaming into my jeep. Maybe from the top?? Now I know its a soft top and they are noisy and all that, but my Jeep was NEVER this loud at 25-35mph before yesterday. After I got home I noticed that it's a heck of a lot harder to shut my door and it doesn't seem to sit flush when closed.
Oh, and to make matters worse they put my seats back in wrong!:facepalm:

What do you guys think- is the top the culprit of this awful wind noise? The door? any suggestions? Or should I just take it back to the dealership?

If there's a thread on this already please point me in that direction, i just couldn't seem to find one. Thanks!

·
Registered
350 Posts
its a jeep
GROW UP... Sometimes I wonder why I visit the forums it seems like everyone is ready to prove you wrong or tell you something wrong. Its a place to learn and share information. Just let it be he isn't harming you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
its a jeep
That's not an acceptable answer in this situation. You need to bring it back to the dealer and voice your concerns. Just because "It's a Jeep" doesn't mean you have to live with a vehicle that clearly wasn't repaired correctly. If you're hearing more wind noise and your door isn't closing right, the repair they made isn't fitting correctly and you're going to get even worse leaks. It clear from the posts on this forum that half the Jeep dealerships out there have no idea what they're doing in the service department. Unless it's a major mechanical repair thats covered under warranty, I'd avoid the dealerships completely. I don't even trust them to do an oil change.

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
atleast i bumped it for the OP. it could have gone into the wf black hole vortex of unanswered threads. / its a jeep. cry more

·
Registered
350 Posts
lol ok, I'm not crying trust me. I am about to have a huge smile on my face driving my Jeep to go vote. Try coming down off the pedestal of I'm a bigger bad ass than everyone here. Your answer was about as useful as the dealer that is doing him wrong. /smartass

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've been pretty lucky with mine (2012 Sport S 2 dr) hard top last winter, soft top this summer, and now hard top again. No problem with leaks or noise on either. But you paid for a warranty, and are not satisfied with the work, so keep taking it back until you are. I don't think "it's a Jeep" applies.

·
Registered
350 Posts
May I ask how the put the seats in wrong? Just out of curiosity...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its a jeep
Pumas run fast! Thank you captain obvious. That was very informative!

The door shutting incorrectly is not a "jeep thing" especially when I was having none of these problems 24 hours ago.

Robskully had a similar complaint. He said that there was a bad seal around the windshield and it was replaced. Might want to ask him about it... http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/2013-problems-178315.html
Thank you I ended up dropping it off again- hopefully it will be back to normal when I pick it up. If not I'll look into this!

May I ask how the put the seats in wrong? Just out of curiosity...
first, they neglected to put all the bolts back in. I'm now missing a bolt yay! They somehow managed to put the passenger's seat back in my Jeep in a way that won't allow it to move forward or back along the track.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
pluke the 2 said:
thx kj. this forum is out to get me! i dont even know why i visit here any more ;)
Me neither.

As far as your problem take it back as soon as you can and have the service manager take a ride with you.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
kjeeper10 said:
What happened to you?

OP there's a fix for a door leak. It requires loosening the upper hinge bolts, pull the door up 1/16-1/8" then tighten. Puts a better seal up top.
I was commenting to why he visits here if hes just going to be a smartass all the time. Just gets old. But im not going to get all into this for ops sake. Op i suggest you take it back like i said.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kjeeper10 said:
What happened to you?

OP there's a fix for a door leak. It requires loosening the upper hinge bolts, pull the door up 1/16-1/8" then tighten. Puts a better seal up top.

Thanks, but its not the door that's leaking. And that's what I told the repair guy but he wouldn't listen. My issue isn't the leak anymore....well it may still leak haven't tested that, its now the fact that the door doesn't shut properly and air is streaming in from somewhere unknown to me.

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
bobbiejowoo said:
Thanks, but its not the door that's leaking. And that's what I told the repair guy but he wouldn't listen. My issue isn't the leak anymore....well it may still leak haven't tested that, its now the fact that the door doesn't shut properly and air is streaming in from somewhere unknown to me.
Seems like they just jammed a bunch of crap seal in the door and now it's not shutting properly.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Usually they put the lowest tech on the totem pole to work on these kinds of things, its pretty obvious that the tech did not know what the hell he was doing....and i love it when you tell them what's wrong and they ignore you and when you see the write up later ....you wonder if its your jeep.....
I won't bring my Jeep to a dealer unless its absolutely necessary...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Usually they put the lowest tech on the totem pole to work on these kinds of things, its pretty obvious that the tech did not know what the hell he was doing....and i love it when you tell them what's wrong and they ignore you and when you see the write up later ....you wonder if its your jeep.....
I won't bring my Jeep to a dealer unless its absolutely necessary...
They don't even have someone on staff that repairs leaks. They have an outside company come and do it for them. So when I dropped it off today the lady who took my key said, yeah the guy who did the work isn't here, but ill have one of my techs look at it. Not very promising.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts