Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I think know what's going on but I just want to make sure. I saw a pool of water under my Jeep while it was running with the AC on.

Is this normal? Just water coming out of the AC? Should I be worried? Just want to make sure. The vehicle is brand new 3 months old with 6K km's so it's under warranty and I can take it to the dealer but just want to make sure that it's an issue worth looking into first.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
yes normal water coming from condensation from ac

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Any AC system (vehicle, house) expends most of its energy removing moisture due to the high latent heat of water.
On a humid day (dew point >50F) a considerable amount of moisture is removed and is dumped under the Jeep. Perfectly normal!

Reactions: bbortko

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys, I was fairly sure this was normal but just wanted to make sure as I haven't seen this happen on any of my other cars. But they have all been brand new BMW's or other such luxury brand so they must have a better way to outlet the water I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Thank you guys, I was fairly sure this was normal but just wanted to make sure as I haven't seen this happen on any of my other cars. But they have all been brand new BMW's or other such luxury brand so they must have a better way to outlet the water I guess.
I find water under my BMW and my wife's Volvo as well...

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Maybe they are just way too low and I never paid enough attention....
LOL probably! My Z4 is 4 inches above ground. On the Volvo SUV, you can see a trail of water drops in the driveway when my wife comes home.

Reactions: Jab1719
1 - 7 of 7 Posts