Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in my Jeep this morning and there's a puddle of water on the driver side floor board. My soft top is brand new so I know it can't be that. Nothing but the floor board got wet...where did it come from? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Had this problem on a YJ. I removed the windshield when I painted it. I replaced the windshield gasket when I put the windshield back on and that cured the problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I installed the top properly. It's rained many times since then so i don't know why water got in this one time. My seats, dash, steering wheel...none of that was wet. Just the floor board.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Mine leaked before I cleaned it per the above write up. Sometimes it didnt leak though and I always thought it may have been the way the Jeep was parked (angle, as pertains to drainage)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heater works good, a/c works good. It was only water, nothing oily, colored, or with a smell.
I'm gonna go with the angle it was parked.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Seriously duck, check the windshield gasket. I was getting pudles before changing mine, and nothing else was wet. Never had an isue after changing it. It's like a $25.00 fix through Quadratech. If the previous owner(s) were prone to dropping the windshield, this could be your issue.

·
Registered
41 Posts
heater core will be leaking coolant not just water. Im pretty sure OP knows the difference between water and antifreeze.:crash:

If you'll notice, the original poster responded later that they did check the liquid to make sure it was just water, helping to rule out other problems before tearing the vehicle apart.

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
heater core will be leaking coolant not just water. Im pretty sure OP knows the difference between water and antifreeze.:crash:
You appear to be assuming a lot. After some of the questions on this forum, I wouldn't be so quick to judge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts