Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 months old freedom top hard top is slightly leaking. Actually it leaks since day one, but it was a month (no rain in summer) before I noticed. It is very weird. A week or so after taking delivery I went through one of those no-touch car washes. Everything was fine. No leaks. However one thing which really bothers me is wind noise (similar to one when you have windows slightly opened) coming from the center. From around inside mirror location. Then one day after night rain when I was backing up from my driveway I’ve seen dripping water right on top of the radio. I went to my dealer and apparently they re-seal the panels. I didn’t see any more water but the wind noise is still there. It is audible when you drive over 60 km/h (40 mph). This Tuesday morning (after storm Sandy hit Toronto) I’ve seen dripping water again. Not much but still. Same next day. I’m going to take it again to service but I’m not sure if they can fix it properly. Nevertheless I need to have a service record just in case my radio stops working (just after warranty expires) because of water damage. Anyway my question to you is about that wind noise coming from middle hard top joins. Do you hear anything like that when you drive over 40 mph? How about permanent fix to leak problem? Any voodoo magic I can try? Something like duct tape on door latch to eliminate door rattling.:)

·
Registered
900 Posts
No leaks yet 2010. Wind noise I get it sometimes. Mostly win it is windy out side. Radio little louder and it goes away.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i put my HT back on and after Sandy hit i saw water over the factory sub. imma guess i need to tighten the torx screws down more. no leaks up front!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
HEY!
So I bought a 2010 with 8 thous miles on it I have been back to the dealer 5 times for leaks, I think if my BF says its a jeep thing one more time i am going to scream.. It is not a jeep thing when it is new and I should be soaked on a rainy day!
Along the headliner the doors and the entire back.
The dealer kept telling me it was fine no leaks. I thought I was crazy as did every one else.
Sandy came and proved me RIGHT! I had PUDDLES in my jeep, I took pics and brought it BACK down to the dealer. They say the head gaskets were broken. Yeah what ever.. so they replace them under warranty I ask the guy, is there any computer issues or electrical damage he said he wasnt sure. Um ok, glad that is on record..
I then said I will be sure to bring it to a car wash he tells me you shouldnt do that its a rugged vehicle and it will leak. WHAT Buddy i get if I have the doors off and the top off yeah fine let it rain.. BUT if it is sealed I shouldnt be getting soaked and find puddles ,.,, AM I CRAZY!! this thing is new.. I get I am a sports car kinda chick and moved to the rugged side but come on. DO they leak that bad. I mean PUDDLES people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts