Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey we havd a hard rain today ,and when i got in the jeep there was water on the floor board,and it look like it was coming from under the dash ,most of the water was on the driver side,were could the water be coming from?? thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'ts coming from your hard top through the top front. nothing to worry about I got that happening to mine

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i do have a hood vent,is there a fix for that i want to put a new head unit and im worried about the water ruining it any advice thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
I developed that problem on my YJ, too. On mine, the vent drain hose hanging out of the passenger side firewall was clogged up. Managed to get mud in it somehow. Haha. Anyway, cleaned that hose out and problem solved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are a few things you must check and or change:
The cowl rubber between the windshield and th body, the heater core, the vent drain hose and of course the soft top........ I had that problem and changed the cowl.. but there was alwas water.... then one day decided to paint all the interior and found that near the drain plugs on both driver an passenger floor there are 2 pieces that are removable, some big metal drain plugs that need some silicone or gasket.that was my problem !!

·
Registered
266 Posts
The seam between the cowl and the windshield base can also leak. After it was spot welded at the factory seam sealer was put in, if you can see a crack in the paint there it can be leaking between the panels and down under the dash like you are seeing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts