Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I've spent many months with my son pouring over this 1990 YJ and we have come so far,with all of W/F help...I had a tranny leak at the pan,done! Now,thought I had a RMS leak so we dove into it today and found a lot of RTV around the end of the pan,so we cleaned and replaced it with a one piece gasket. Well I still see a weeping leak right above the starter coming from the seam where the block meets the plate on the tranny???Anyone know these engines and seals,could you guide me in the right direction,I would be grateful>>>Could it still be the RMS??? Andy:banghead:

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Remember graavity and airfow push the oil after it lleaks. With that being said valve cover, dipstick on that side and the oil pressure sending unit are in the area. So take a close look it will take a mirror to see the back of the valve cover and even with the great felpro rubber gasket i fought mine for awhile. The dipstick should be seated to the bulge which indexes it in the hole. Give it another look because if it is any of those it will drip off the starter bolts , bottom of the bell housing and if it is the valve cover it will go everywhere it can on that side.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....

It's a pretty clean Jeep,But I will check out that oil sending unit!!!Never thought of that it could be up higher???Thank you for your post.Andy:thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts