Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radiator is leaking (1992 4 cyl, 101,00 miles) again. I replaced it once (50,00 miles) already and am a little strapped for cash. Is there an additive that I can use to temporarily plug the small leaks until my ship comes in?

·
Registered
80 Posts
My radiator is leaking (1992 4 cyl, 101,00 miles) again. I replaced it once (50,00 miles) already and am a little strapped for cash. Is there an additive that I can use to temporarily plug the small leaks until my ship comes in?
A GM dealership will sell "radiator stop tabs" (look like little hockey pucks) and you can crush them up and put them in the radiator to help stop the leak. I will prob get reemed for saying to use this by others, but I and another jeep buddy of mine have used them with success. The tabs cost $5 at the most.

·
Registered
435 Posts
the problem with stop leak in the cooling and heating system is that i can plug up your heating system. For those of you in warm climates you dont give a damn, as for us norther people we like what heat we can get out of our jeeps when its bitter cold out.

I dont know your financial situation and its none of my business really but IMO i would see if a radiator shop could plug the passage that is leaking. if you could afford around 100 you can get a rad off ebay, i just installed mine today and it has no leaks with a life time warranty.

but if you must use stop leak you have been warned that it can cause worse issues than a small leak in your radiator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts