Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -
I have a Softopper that is at least 5 years old, maybe longer. For the most part its in good shape and functions quite well considering its age. It does leak a little bit and that is what I'm trying to figure out. It rained pretty good here this morning so I was able to get in and capture where it was coming in from. It was dripping from the two flaps on either side of the doors. After closer inspection it seems like it is coming from the top and wicking in and then dripping. I did just replace both door seals. The inside seals seem to be dry. I've attached some photos to help better explain.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've had 2 Softoppers - both of them the "-02" version (for use *WITH* factory door surrounds) - still have the LJ02. It looks to me like you might have an early "-01" version that ships with Softopper's door surrounds ... which suck from what I've read. If I'm right, I can't offer advice as I have no clue if there's a way to make those more reliable. Hopefully someone here who might have the TJ01 will be able to pitch in.

Note - if you end up looking for another top, stick with the Softopper but get the TJ02 (assuming you have a TJ) model and pick up some factory surrounds off CL.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the insight. I suspect that is the issue as well. I do like the softtopper top as its really easy to go off and on. It is the early model with their door surrounds.

I may just make the investment and go with their newer top and get some door surrounds.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I think I figured this one out myself. I was looking at the install video and realized the flaps on either side go around the door surround and above the roll bars. The OE had them installed around the surround and below the roll bars. Makes a world of difference when you close the doors. Looks like the door seals should work good now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts