Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my second set of taillights due to moisture collecting in them when it rains. I looked today, and one of the replacements now has moisture in it, which means Jeep is out another taillight. Is there a fix for this, or just the way Jeeps are? While it is a bit if a hassle to get it replaced, usually 1 trip so they ca check it to make sure it has not been hit or damaged, they usually have to order the replacement, then a second trip to get it installed. Should I look at replacing them after the warranty is up? I don't really care for the round aftermarkets, just a personal preference.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
There must be a bad batch of tail light assemblies out there. The tail lights on my 10 have never leaked. Eventually, you're bound to get ones that don't leak. I know this isn't the answer but as long as they're willing to replace them under warranty I would take it back. I also wouldn't be happy constantly going back two separate times to get the same problem taken care of. At this point you would think they would keep a few in stock.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I had a bad right side on mine. They replaced it and the new one was fine until this fall when I swapped in LED.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts