Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past sunday I went off roading and busted something that started to cause a transmission fluid leak. So I went to the mechanic and he said it was the gasket that he replaced. About 12 hours after I got her back, she's still leaking transmission fluid. Not as much but still leaking. Could this be extra transmission fluid that's built up when they had to take off the pan? Just got trapped on the lower pan/plate under it plate. The fluid is red like when it's brand new. I did pour a new bottle of fluid before I dropped her off though just as a precaution and when I did put the new fluid in, the transmission was almost empty.

Nice thing is these guys does have a one year warranty on their work but I wanted to be armed with some info when I go back tomorrow.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
Assuming you're talking about an automatic transmission, it's not unheard of to not get the pan sealed 100% the first time. There are however other places it can leak from, it'd be good to verify the leak is coming from the pan and not a seal or the transfer case which uses the same red ATF fluid.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Almost sounds like maybe you might have put a small hole in the pan with the damage. Are you able to tell where exactly the fluid it coming from, or toss up a pic?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep it's an automatic transmission. It looks like its coming from behind the pan.

I hope I didn't screw up the transmission case.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just took a 2nd look with a flashlight. It looks like the rim of the back of the pan is wet then the fluid drips onto the large plate that has the two large holes on each side. The fluid is dripping from one of the large holes on each side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts