Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just had to replace the 32rh in my 98 tj I got one from a junkyard and did the vent relocate on it got it back together and everything was all good except it leaks from the bell housing I replaced the front seal has anyone else had this problem and if so what did it end up being really wanna get this thing back on the road asap

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea ill try to post one later today but its coming out of the front, idk if its from the pump housing or what but its dripping right at the inspection cover

·
Registered
598 Posts
I had this issue last week after blowing a cooler line. After i replaced it there was a small leak spraying fluid onto the bell housing. Block the tires, put it into neutral and crawl under and watch for its coming from. May help you pinpoint the cause

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried that but can't see where its coming from behind the torque converter it looks like but I put a new seal in it when I did the transmission and pulled it back out and put another one in just for safe measure I think its coming from the pump housing actually but idk of a gasket that would leak from there especially since it is a tapered fit and is a pain in the ass to get out

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I came to the conclusion that it must be leaking past the pump housing after pulling the trans again and replacing the front seal for a third time and it still leaked so I called the junkyard and he got me another one my question is I wanna relocate the vent but I have a feeling this is what caused the first one to leak since u have to remove the front housing so I have been trying to think of other ways to do this and I came up with this just wondering if you guys think it will work

Tool accessory Tool

Electronics Technology Wire Electronic device Cable

I'm thinking of taking that elbow and either tapping the current vent hole and putting it in or either just jb welding it into the hole then taking the brake line and bending it along the bellhousing and drilling a hole in the bellhousing to run it thru, thus eliminating the need to disassembling the transmission what do u guys think

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
harleydragon said:
jb weld is good stuff but a threaded hole is always better in my opinion
That's what I was thinking as well but other than that do u think the rest of it sounds good

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok well I think that's the route I'm going to take ig we will find out tommorow if it works cuz that's when its getting put back in the jeep, thanks for the opinion

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well got it all finished up and done hopefully this one won't leak but here is how I ended up doing the vent

Auto part Automotive lighting Rim

Auto part Engine Automotive tire Vehicle Fender

I actually bent the tube that goes out of the bellhousing back to the front to hook the hose onto, this was was a little bit of a pain since u have to bend brake line which can get aggrivating but I didn't have to take it apart which is y I this the first one leaked

1 - 11 of 11 Posts