Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with 64k miles. Auto transmission. When I run the AC a lot of water leaks out of a small tube. When I stop it seems to leak out more and if I shake the jeep even more comes out. Is this a normal thing for the LJ? Took a pic of it the other day. It's the tube in the pic with the water on the end. Thanks in advance for the information. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with 64k miles. Auto transmission. When I run the AC a lot of water leaks out of a small tube. When I stop it seems to leak out more and if I shake the jeep even more comes out. Is this a normal thing for the LJ? Took a pic of it the other day. It's the tube in the pic with the water on the end. Thanks in advance for the information. :)
it is normal. iv got a 2005 lj which would lose all vent air flow after 30 min of driving and couldnt figure out why but had a ton of water on the ground after the engine was of.. finally discovered the ac coolant was low and the clutch on the ac pump was not shimmed right so it was always engaged causing the condenser to freeze up into an ice ball.. you may want to check your ac coolant level.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
povchrisw said:
it is normal. iv got a 2005 lj which would lose all vent air flow after 30 min of driving and couldnt figure out why but had a ton of water on the ground after the engine was of.. finally discovered the ac coolant was low and the clutch on the ac pump was not shimmed right so it was always engaged causing the condenser to freeze up into an ice ball.. you may want to check your ac coolant level.
I will do that. Thank you for the tip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts