Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to jeeps & to this forum so please excuse my ignorance. After it rains, and i drive my jeep and go arounf curves water will come out on my feet on the driver side.....i've looked online and mase sure the vent was clear on the hood near the windshield and it was. Can someone point me to where i need to check next? ....im lamons terms please :) i have a 1995 jeep wrangler thanks

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
The air vent that you can see out on the cowl in front of the windshield has a drain tube which is located under the hood.

Look for a straight plastic tube on the passenger side of the motor, back against the firewall that points straight down, its usually black and about 1 1/2" in diameter. Sometimes this becomes plugged with mud and debris. Sometimes it comes unhooked from the vent air box.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The air vent that you can see out on the cowl in front of the windshield has a drain tube which is located under the hood.

Look for a straight plastic tube on the passenger side of the motor, back against the firewall that points straight down, its usually black and about 1 1/2" in diameter. Sometimes this becomes plugged with mud and debris. Sometimes it comes unhooked from the vent air box.
thats the one, and thats whats causing wet feet. To be honest I just cut the hose. No more wet feet.

·
Registered
274 Posts
your weather strip along the windshield channel at the bottom may be dry rotted. if thats the case, i went to home depot and bought window weather strip molding and placed it under the existing weather strip. I havent had a problem since then with my window leaking and it holds great. make sure you trim the edges as you fold it in place to keep it from poking out each side of the window. hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2013 jeep wrangler.

I have some sort of leak on the driver side floor. the windshield was thought the problem, but moisture once again appeared at my feet in the morning under the mats. am working with the dealership but their first response was the jeep thing quote. I don't see why there isn't a formal recall on this illusive leak. the amount of time spent on this has been extraordinary.

·
Registered
513 Posts
2013 jeep wrangler.

I have some sort of leak on the driver side floor. the windshield was thought the problem, but moisture once again appeared at my feet in the morning under the mats. am working with the dealership but their first response was the jeep thing quote. I don't see why there isn't a formal recall on this illusive leak. the amount of time spent on this has been extraordinary.
Assuming because this thread is in the yj forum your problem is probably completely different.

To the op. I had a similar issue. My vent door is stuck open inside the cowl. My "fix" is a piece of metal I cut and screwed into the holes that held the vent cover. Silicone around before. No more wet feet/floorboard. Vent still works though probably not as well as normal. But in 3 years it hasnt been a problem. Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts