Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a '95 YJ (bought new) that began to leak after snow or rain a couple of years from somewhere under the dash. I have spent untold hours searching for the source, but can't find it. Once the leak ruined my radio. I put a full rubber mat in it, but still find water underneath this mat. I know the water isn't coming from under the floor pans so the water must be running down the inside of the firewall to get under the mat. At times I have seen water dripping from the plastic heat outlets on to the floor. I even completely blocked off the outside air vent in front of the windshield (which cuts off heat in the winter time) but still get water.
Has anyone experienced this problem and if so any help WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!. Thanks, balloonbuster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks techmike, however the water is clear, but since my post I see this leak is a common problem, I will check the core. I don't have a/c, have always kept the vent drain hose clean, put new door seal on (passenger side) and new windshield gasket... still it leaks. So the search goes on, but all suggestions are greatly appreciated. If I do find the problem I will certainly post it here! Thanks, balloonbuster

·
Registered
44 Posts
Where's the leak? Passenger side, driver side, or somewhere in the middle?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Check the cowl vent tube. There has been many a post about YJ leaks. Pull the grill on the hood and check the drain line.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
How about the windshield/cowl gasket?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts