Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Due to living in the lovely rainy Emerald City I have a leak problem that goes beyond our normal wrangler "it's a jeep thing" leaks.

The molding in the edges are peeling up in each corner and shifting rain water down to pool up in the crevice on the inside bottom of the window. Once I make a turn after a long rain it all spills down the sides of the dash, potentially to my JBL's I modded in there='(.

Anyone have fix ideas? I haven't the slightest clue when it comes to window sealants.

On a side note, due to the moldy smell the carpets coming out, I'm looking at Herculiner but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are you saying this is running down to the floor? I ask as I *just* posted a pooling water issue with my 2004 Unlimited and your description of the issue and photos (thanks) look familiar. I wish I had something to offer... I'll be monitoring for sure. I'm also thinking of ditching the carpet...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got the same issue on my '06, anytime we get decent rain it seeps through the windshield, I had my uncle (windshield guy) put on a new trim and sealed it up but it seems like a lot of the cheaper trim ends up shrinking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2005 and my windshield trim started to peel back and was letting in some moisture. Within a month the entire windshield has fallen out. Nothing broke anywhere but the entire window is loose and I am having it reinstalled this morning. I have only owned the jeep for 3 months so I don't know if it was still from the factory or if someone else did a poor job installing one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts