Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my wife a '07 in Jan. and as we have had cold weather and snow I have had no problem with the roof however in Feb. we have had a few rainy days and the hard top leaked at the seam where the winshield and the two roof halves meet(at the T).I brought it to the dealer and he replaced the gasket and it did not leak under hose pressure but we had another major rain storm and it again leaked.Is this going to be the nature of the beast and has anbody else have this problem or has anybody got a cure.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
well ya darn sure wouldn't have that happen in a Mercedes !!

God I love all the little things that occur with a JeeP ! :D

(have the dealer fix it ... AGAIN )

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought my wife a '07 in Jan. and as we have had cold weather and snow I have had no problem with the roof however in Feb. we have had a few rainy days and the hard top leaked at the seam where the winshield and the two roof halves meet(at the T).I brought it to the dealer and he replaced the gasket and it did not leak under hose pressure but we had another major rain storm and it again leaked.Is this going to be the nature of the beast and has anbody else have this problem or has anybody got a cure.
make sure you follow the instructions in the manual on takeing your top off and putting it back on. it does make a difference.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
They are having trouble with the hard tops. You can't even order them with the hard top because it just sits there and doesn't get built. We have 8 or 9 orders on hold right now because of the hard tops. When they first came out the hard tops were cracking. Jeep put out a stop sale order for a few weeks, supposedly fixing the issue, and then allowed orders to be taken again. Now it appears they are NOT building the hard tops, but they haven't officially said anything about it yet.

I had a guy in tonight that wanted to order a hard top 4 door. I explained all of this to him and tried to get him to go with a soft top instead, since they are easily located and wouldn't have to be ordered. I suggested getting the soft top now and buying an aftermarket hard top later. I sent him home to think about it because he had a real hard time making up his mind. I'll probably end up losing the sale to someone with a hardtop on their lot, but I just didn't want to push him into making a decision he may regret later. At least this way I know I gave him good advice, whether or not he takes it is up to him.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That was really nice of you. Thank you for being honest.

They are having trouble with the hard tops. You can't even order them with the hard top because it just sits there and doesn't get built. We have 8 or 9 orders on hold right now because of the hard tops. When they first came out the hard tops were cracking. Jeep put out a stop sale order for a few weeks, supposedly fixing the issue, and then allowed orders to be taken again. Now it appears they are NOT building the hard tops, but they haven't officially said anything about it yet.

I had a guy in tonight that wanted to order a hard top 4 door. I explained all of this to him and tried to get him to go with a soft top instead, since they are easily located and wouldn't have to be ordered. I suggested getting the soft top now and buying an aftermarket hard top later. I sent him home to think about it because he had a real hard time making up his mind. I'll probably end up losing the sale to someone with a hardtop on their lot, but I just didn't want to push him into making a decision he may regret later. At least this way I know I gave him good advice, whether or not he takes it is up to him.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yeah. It's nice to have someone that is in-the-know that isn't self-serving. I'd buy from you if I get in the market for a new one.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yeah. It's nice to have someone that is in-the-know that isn't self-serving. I'd buy from you if I get in the market for a new one.
I can drop ship to any dealership. ;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Have had mine off 3 or 4 times and it goes to the car wash every Sat, with no water leaks yet. This seems to be really hit and miss, I have 3 customers with freedom tops and only 1 has problems. I suspect he is too impatient to take the time to do it right. On another note......Took the My JK to the dealer for a t-case leak (shift shaft seals) and instead of replacing just the seals, they put a whole new case in it. I asked the service advisor ( Who just happens to be a customer of mine:D ) why it was done that way, and he told me that in the case of "severe" fluid leaks, they dont try to seal them, its a "remove and replace"....and who was wondering why DC is going bankrupt????:D

Joe

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
its a jeep its suposto leak a little :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
i just bought my JK this past friday and i ordered a hardtop....he said he knows they are on back order or something and that he will place the order but has no clue how long it will take...maybe 3 months........should i cancel that order??????? i dont want a bad top.......i heard the tops werent made by jeep.....they were made by another comapny

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
i just bought my JK this past friday and i ordered a hardtop....he said he knows they are on back order or something and that he will place the order but has no clue how long it will take...maybe 3 months........should i cancel that order??????? i dont want a bad top.......i heard the tops werent made by jeep.....they were made by another comapny
I've heard and I'm sure that either Jeeptales or BinaryKing can confirm this, that the tops are on back order while they work out the problems that they had with them leaking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts