Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I've finally been bitten by this bug. Both freedom tops are leaking in the very same spot that others have complained about. The funny thing is I've had the Jeep for a year now and I'm ashamed to admit this but the tops have never been removed. Its rained on an off in NY for the past 3 weeks or so and I always exit the Jeep with a wet left sleeve. I'm also concerned that water may cause rust behind the black plastic that holds the seat belt. What are my options here?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bbtj said:
First of all, check to make sure that they are installed properly and not overly tight. Then if it is still under warranty take it to the dealer, if not, you can try these: http://www.jeep-club.net/graphics/manuals/85/JK_Water_Leaks_All.pdf. I think there maybe another Tech Bulletin on the 2012s, but I'm not sure on that one.
Hey thanks man. I didn't think that over tightening would cause an issue. You learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I didn't realize this was something that might be covered under warranty... I've loosened the top up quite a bit so if it leaks again I guess I'll take it in and have em look at it. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts