Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any experts out there on how to care for leather seats?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Most late model leather seats have a vinyl coating on them The exceptions are Ford King Ranch leather and some very high end luxury cars.

Wipe then off with a clean, damp microfiber cloth on a regular basis. Dirty seats wear faster. Keep them out of direct sunlight for extended periods of time.

This is the best stuff I've found to clean and condition finished leather. It will darken non treated leathers though.

How to Clean Leather, A Cleaner, Conditioner, Protector for Leather Only - Leather Cleaner : Leather Cleaning : How to Clean Leather : Leatheronlyproducts.com

Lexol products work great too. But more so for shoes and tack.

Also, jeans wear leather seats on the edges sliding in and out. Get some rock sliders or steps if you don't have them. Try to sit down it and get up out of the seat rather then just sliding out

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Big Red One, eh? I'm currently working at Ft. Riley.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Not an expert, but I use Lexol and the Maguiers has a new leather cleaner/conditioner in one. I have been using those on my seats for about the past 1 1/2 years. I put it on every other weekend or try to get it on there twice a month.

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have high-end Katzkin leather that was an option for the 2012 Wranglers. This is what I use on my seats (as recommended by Katzkin):

·
Registered
715 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd condition them at least monthly, more if it sits out in the sun with the roof off. You want to keep the leather from drying out, which causes them to crack and look nasty. Meguiers or Mothers leather conditioner is only $5-6 and really makes a difference in how the leather holds up. I had leather in my 2007 Mustang GT and the seats looked new when I traded it after owning it 4 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts