Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at different switch panels and reading reviews that mention the panels not fitting right, I decided to go for the two holes in the driver's side pillar. The top one was empty...easy peasy! The bottom one had a cup and a plastic screw fitted. I took the screw out and took that panel off by unscrewing the sun visor. I used my dremel with the saw attachment and cut the cup off. I went to Home depot looking for a washer of some sort to hold the switch in to place and ended up finding a rubber grommet that fit perfectly in the hole and holds the waterproof rocker switch that came with the wiring harness! When my led bar arrives on Monday, I'll be installing a blue switch in the top one for that... I already have the grommet in place. I'll post more pics when I get it installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice install! Did that red rocker switch come with the pods?

I have the Winter Edition JKU in Rhino Grey (same bumper) and have been trying to decide where to mount additional lights. I like the pods on the top of the bumper.

·
Registered
186 Posts
After looking at different switch panels and reading reviews that mention the panels not fitting right, I decided to go for the two holes in the driver's side pillar. The top one was empty...easy peasy! The bottom one had a cup and a plastic screw fitted. I took the screw out and took that panel off by unscrewing the sun visor. I used my dremel with the saw attachment and cut the cup off. I went to Home depot looking for a washer of some sort to hold the switch in to place and ended up finding a rubber grommet that fit perfectly in the hole and holds the waterproof rocker switch that came with the wiring harness! When my led bar arrives on Monday, I'll be installing a blue switch in the top one for that... I already have the grommet in place. I'll post more pics when I get it installed.
Nice, Did you drill holes in the bumper for the lights or did you use the existing holes. Looking to add something similar to my winter edition bumper.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I went with the Rugged Ridge A pillar rockers and the replacement trim was perfect. Cut the holes with a dremel and finished with a razor blade and a file. Just pulled it all out and installed the ApolloInTek 6 switch Pod that mounts to the footmans Loop. Crazy easy. In case you ever choose to add more lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CrissCross

·
Registered
186 Posts
I went with the Rugged Ridge A pillar rockers and the replacement trim was perfect. Cut the holes with a dremel and finished with a razor blade and a file. Just pulled it all out and installed the ApolloInTek 6 switch Pod that mounts to the footmans Loop. Crazy easy. In case you ever choose to add more lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet, we too will be doing the apollotech install for our lighting project on the winter edition very soon. Should have some exciting lighting options coming to our video series soon. Definitely stay tuned. #BubbasGarageTv.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts