Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering about these are they hard to install where do you buy them can I do it myself prices? Anybody done this before thank you!

·
Registered
638 Posts
It's a GREAT mod... I can actually see my lights on in the day lol.

These are the ones I ordered:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00877SL2M/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And had a couple left over. Just take your dash apart (easy) and replace the bulbs. TEST them before putting dash back together. They can go in 2 diff ways but only work one way.

Theres a link to the process involved and if I find it I'll link it

I just did my Gauge bulbs for now. The "mini gauges" you just take out like 4 screws and it pops away from the dash to access the bulbs. The Speedo/Tach is also about 4 screws and pops away.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Heres for the mini:

Then you'll see the bulbs on the back of the circuit board:

The speedo/Tach pretty much the same. Just find the 4 or so mounting screws (usually near the corners) and pop it off. You do have to remove the center info panel though first (Slides right off) then you'll see the bulbs there. If I remember there were 3-4 there...been awhile:

For the price, I'd go ahead and order 2 sets just in case some aren't working (been known to happen)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yup it's that easy. Some people will tell you buy these type or those type from this brand or that brand. The ones I have are nice. A LITTLE bit of blue tinge but pretty white. I have 20/10 vision (just checked last month) and with the standard bulbs I had to "squint" at night to see what it read. Now I have ZERO issue reading them at night. And like I mentioned they noticeable in the day even.

As long as you get the same "style" (one diode facing each direction) you'll be golden.

Maybe I'll do a video on changing them out this weekend lol. Need something new to do.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds good! Thanks for all the info, I ordered the ones you posted about an hour ago. I got some blue ones as well just to see how those looked.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did mine in red. Look great. Instead of taking out the speedo/tacho I just looked underneath the dash and was able to pull the light out from back there without taking the gauges out. Although it doesn't take long, it saved about 5 minutes

·
Registered
159 Posts
One of the best and cheapest mods I've ever done. Very easy. I can't really add much more than what anyone else said but I love them. I did blue

·
Registered
23 Posts
Easy cheap mod and turned out great. I just did this last week and think my total bill was around $25. Sorry for the blurry pictures but it started pouring rain so I was in a hurry.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lopez.. Mine and yours are pretty close in color. Glad you said that you did it in Blue, was hoping I made the right choice.

CWmonroe- is yours the white or the blue? Look good whichever it is!

·
Registered
97 Posts
From reading some other threads they say the white and Blue are. I dunno how true it is but it seems as long as you do one color you can dim them. It says that the different colors burn at different strengths and powers so that's the issue they were having with the dimmer. Others haven't had any luck with any of them. I ordered mine today, Guess we will see!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I plan to do all red for the speedo, tach, small gauges (4), but white for the info cluster and HVAC. I just really want them to still dim (change the brightness/intensity).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts