Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased some green and white LEDs from both Spendid Autos(ebay) and Superbrightleds.com. Even though I'm pretty NOT handy I figured "plug N play", even I can do that. Well, the canbus back/cargo area LED went fine but the front 2 little bulbs were TIGHT ! I think I forced them when I should have tried prying open the little metal clips 1st......anyway, now I have neither LEDs or my originals working. I'm disappointed in it not going smooth like my car did a couple days ago and worse I have no idea if I can salvage what I screwed up. Only good thing is I actually never have my dome on.....just habit for years now from getting out of vehicles in hunting season and not wanting to alert people/game. Sorry for the long post, and thanks if anyone has experienced this and has fixable advise !

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
If worse comes to worst, you can always remove the whole light assembly. It comes out with one screw and a harness very easily. Less than 2 minutes to remove. This way you can replace everything while its in your hand rather than screwing around with it on the ceiling and contorting yourself to odd angles.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If worse comes to worst, you can always remove the whole light assembly. It comes out with one screw and a harness very easily. Less than 2 minutes to remove. This way you can replace everything while its in your hand rather than screwing around with it on the ceiling and contorting yourself to odd angles.

Thanks ! That is good to know it's not a hopeless cause.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Did they ever work?
If they did not then pull them out and flip the light and re insert. I have the canbus ones also with no problem. Yes they were tight but no problem.

I have a 2012 jku

·
Registered
25 Posts
Are both sets out, front and back or just the front ones? I am pretty sure it's all the same fuse, so if the back works I don't think it's that.

-Svence

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I tried turning them around and got nada.....but the back/cargo dome works fine (cylindrical canbus bulb)....the front dome USED to work but I seem to have solved that thru my incompetence !!! I also thought the fuse was to both as while I was messing with it I got the back dome to flicker.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the canbus ones also with no problem. Yes they were tight but no problem.

I thought the cylindrical ones were canbus (like back/cargo dome) and the little bulb type (like landscaping lights) were non-canbus ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts