Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are you looking at replacing the stock fogs on the bumper with something that looks similar or like led pods or something?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have trucklites for head lights. Can't stand the yellow kcdaylighters. Main thing I want is plug in to my 06 harness

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got Hella Optilux 4" LED Fog Lights. I cut the quick disconnect wires off of my old fog lights and connected and taped them to the new fog lights (also put them in a wire sleeve). Then I just connected the quick connect back into the original wiring harness. Worked really well

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
I got Hella Optilux 4" LED Fog Lights. I cut the quick disconnect wires off of my old fog lights and connected and taped them to the new fog lights (also put them in a wire sleeve). Then I just connected the quick connect back into the original wiring harness. Worked really well
Same here. They match up nicely with the Truck-Lites for color, and they put out enough light that you can drive with just the fog lights...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How are those lights to other drivers. I see quadratecs are plug and play. But they say off foad use only.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I currently have KC fog lights thay were plug and play. I also have KC driving lights and spot lights, that came with the relays installed on the wiring harness.

Does KC, or any other brand, of LED light come like that? I'd love to replace my lights to LED, but I really liked how easy it was to install my current KC lights.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,432 Posts
Since I used the stock wiring and switch, all the relays were already in place. The harness that comes with the Hella lights does include the relays that are necessary.

As far as blinding other drivers, I've never been flashed, either with the Truck-Lites or the fog lights. I don't use the high beams when there's oncoming traffic, either.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought the daughter a set of extreme led, cubes for the front of her xj wired them into the stock switch..

·
Registered
269 Posts
I currently have KC fog lights thay were plug and play. I also have KC driving lights and spot lights, that came with the relays installed on the wiring harness.

Does KC, or any other brand, of LED light come like that? I'd love to replace my lights to LED, but I really liked how easy it was to install my current KC lights.
Do you have the part/model number of the KC plug and play foglights you bought?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts